Just the two of us

8032K Words!!

If you want, leave a comment while you read:) I love reading everyone's reactions to scenes and their opinions

(NOT EDITED)

I'm drowning in college assignments so sorry for the lack of content

Let's goooooo-

The Next Day...

The roads were pretty bad this morning. After last night's snowfall, everything was coated in a thick layer of white slush. The parking lot of the school, in particular, was the worst. It wasn't plowed properly and was a pain to drive in.

After getting past the rough outline of this morning, I made it out of my car and headed directly to Mr. Gardner's portable. I mostly wanted to follow his previous ask, and pay him a visit in the morning when I arrive. I did have the thought of yesterday's situation in the back of my head, but I tried not to stress too much about it. When Mr. Gardner messaged me last night to make sure I made it home safe on the icy roads, I didn't think it was the best time to ask how things went. I knew I'd see him the following morning, so I just waited patiently, hoping that everything was fine.

I approached the portables steps and knocked off the snow on my shoes, adjusting my bag on my shoulder then reaching to turn the handle. Just as I turned and went to give it a little shove, a hand came up just above my shoulder and helped push the door open. I couldn't help but look back with a sudden jump to see who it was.

Mr. Gardner stood in a wonderful dark navy blue button-up. A deep maroon tie; a nice fit on his chest as it hung loosely from his neck. No jacket, just his glasses on his nose and some papers in hand. Probably just coming back from the main building.

He gave a small smile and followed behind, not wiping off his shoes on the mat, instead just walking right past me toward his desk. He placed the papers and his glasses down and released an exhausted breath. He moved his desk chair to the side and stood, slightly hunched, then typed a couple of things on his keyboard.

I still stood by the door and watched his body language, he was obviously busy, I could see that, but my curiosity had me staying. I needed to know how yesterday went, even if nothing else happened after I'd left.

The keys on his computer clicked away and he jabbed in multiple words. With a final jab, he stood up straight and placed his hands on his hips. His eyes still fixated on the computer as he re-read what he'd typed, eyes leading left to right. He released a large breath afterward and looked up finally.

"You-" He pointed toward me.

He then did a swift turn and picked up a whiteboard eraser. The pause before he carried on speaking dragged on as he erased words from a previous lesson. His shoulders perfectly fit his shirt as they tightened the fabric with every pass of his arm.

"- and I.." His voice going a bit raspy as he reached to the top to get the last of the marker.

He brought the eraser back down and placed it on the ledge, then wiped off his hands on his pants, his eyes coming up to mine and a cute smile tempting to come to his lips.

"... struck some luck."

I assumed he was referring to yesterday, so I instantly released a breath and felt my anxiety ease away.

"How so?"

The smile he held back finally stretched to his lips. He rolled up his sleeves up to his elbow, making sure the cuffs of his shirt stayed buttoned, and slowly stepped toward me.