Pushing my buttons

Hey y'all!! I know its been a while, and I'm sorry for that- you know... career stuff got busy and haven't had time for Wattpad. I got a little break though so I managed to squeeze in the first part of this two part, maybe even three part chapter...

One thing that I may say is that this isn't my main priority, obviously, but I mean more so toward actual writing priority. I do have an actual book I'm in the process of making and I'd like to get further on that than spend lots of time on this fan fic. I still like writing this, but it's definitely my brain puke of writing now since lots of the time when I'm writing this, I'm low on inspo and I'm trying to get it back, or I have limited time. The nice thing though, is that this prioritized book i speak of, is inspired by Nathan Gardner and will be a darker twist of his character. If you are at all interested in that and seeing the process, check out my 'Help me build a story' book in my published library, should be call 'Book Keeper':)

anyways, enough sht talk... here is PART 1

UNEDITED

Ms. Hills POV

I laid on my bed with my legs swaying off the ledge, staring out the hotel's window that glowed the sunset. It was just nearing its end, and countless amount of stars were beginning to shine amongst the dark sky. A breeze very subtly entered the room and brushed against the curtains, creating a flowing dance that caught my attention.

After Mr. Gardner and I had spoken; amongst other things, I had made my way back to my own room before the group would come back. He told me to "freshen up", but I had trouble understanding if he meant 'get prepared for the theatre', or if he meant 'pull myself together' after what had just happened moments prior.

Either way, when I got back to my room, I made sure to touch up my hair and face, as well as look for a possible new outfit. Though, before I could decide on even changing out of the skirt, I couldn't let the thrill of what it did to Mr.Gardner leave my mind. I thought back to how he looked at me as I sat on that counter. He appeared much different compared to the professor I knew, it wasn't like he was lecturing me for carelessly wandering off, he seemed to genuinely care that I could have ended up worse than a couple of scrapes and scratches. He showed more emotion than I could actually understand, not giving me the damn whiplash that he'd like to do when expressing his feelings.

Remembering how hot he looked when looking up at me was another thing that clouded my mind, and how tingly the blush became on my cheeks when he had placed both hands on either side of me when sat on the counter. I didn't want to get flustered all over again, so I ended up lying on my bed and trying to distract myself until we had the go-ahead to head back downstairs.

Nathan did say that the theatre was a later showing but mentioned that we would still have more than enough time to have his plans follow through afterward. Surely, he'd have to give me time after the theatre to get ready, as I wasn't planning on slipping on the designer dress, without at least running a damn razor over my legs and touching up my face.

With a big exhale, I stopped swinging my legs and closed my eyes, just listening to the breeze and the very distant chatter coming from the street. I was excited for tonight, both for the theatre and what Nathan has planned, but a part of me was a little anxious. This seemed like it was going to be legit, a legit date that I felt I had no experience with, that is if you even counted my middle school boyfriend who thought taking me to McDonald's with his friends, was one.

Pushing off the comfortable sheets, I brushed my hair down from the little static that had accumulated, then sighed. Only a little bit longer here in this new world... then we'd be back to the boring, cold city we call home.

Very muffled chatter could be heard from the other side of the wall, the girls seeming to be excited about something suddenly. Just as I was standing up, a knock came to my door and made a shiver run down my back. It was unexpected, and my mind went straight to the idea of Nathan waiting at the door, a smug smirk on his face with the possible still dirty thoughts passing through his mind from earlier.