Chapter 2

Heat froze at the sight of the Queen of the Seawings, Heat had never actually seen a queen before in life, let alone in person. Heat wasn't sure what to do, should he bow, call her 'Your Majesty' she wasn't his queen, the Sandwings haven't had a queen in the past 18 years! Heat looked to his right and saw Nile bowing, so he slowly did the same. When he stood up, Heat heard another set of wings flapping closer and closer, it was Blister, one of the three rival princesses, all in line for the throne. Heat always thought that he was a tall dragon, but he looked like a newborn dragonet standing next to the female Sandwing. Heat was quickly figuring out that his sudden presence had something to do with the Sandwing war. Blister smiled at him weirdly, as though it was her first time smiling, or if this wasn't what she wanted.

"Welcome, Heat of the Sandwings," the Sandwing rival said, "How do you like the Sea Kingdom?" Heat looked around at the surrounding palace, it was huge, the temperature wasn't like he was used to. He was used to the hot, dry, and sandy biome of the Sand Kingdom. Not the warm, humid temperature of the sea.

"It's really impressive... your majesty." Heat said awkwardly, she still wasn't his queen, but he probably would've made her upset by not calling her that. Blister looked at him, smirking, but with a kind of mad expression. "So," Blister said, "Do you know why my allies brought you here?" The smaller Sandwing could only shake his head. Blister rolled her eyes and said, "I had them bring you here because I need you to kill my sisters for me."

Heat stumbled backward, almost falling off the ledge but was grabbed by Nile, who pulled him back onto the platform and steadied him and let him catch his breath. Heat could help but feel that when she ate him, she was looking at him very, very lovingly, like a mother caring for her newly hatched dragonet.

"W-w-with all due respect your majesty," Heat stuttered, "I can't do that, Queen Glacier will send her Icewings to kill me if I kill blaze, and Burn gave me this scar on my neck the last time I attempted it." Heat pointed to the huge claw mark on the right side of his neck. He remembered that moment when Burn gave him his scar. It was in the middle of one of the war's bloodiest battles and Heat was Burns's very first target. Heat hurried out of that memory and started to feel light-headed, he looked around and things were starting to get loopy. Nile gave him a panicked look. Heat looked at Queen Coral who was starting to look worried, then he looked at Blaze, she had a look on her face like she was going to kill him in his sleep if he didn't do as he was told. The images that he saw in front of him were getting more blurry by the moment. Heat collapsed on the ground, then everything went black.

Sorry for the short chapter, I promise to make the next one longer!

-DragonKid53