vii. out for blood

Start from the beginning

"I'm coming too." She firmly stated, but Lexa quickly stood in front of her.

"Unfortunately for you, that's not an option."

Dakota looked at her like she was crazy. "What do you mean? Why can't I go?"

"You have no reason to. Three would be a crowd, you know that, and I can't risk you both being caught. Especially, when you would be considered the bigger target, given that you're my sister." Kota pouted like a child at her words. She knew that she was right. "Besides," Lexa continued. "I'm not stupid. I know the only reason you insist on going is because you want to sneak away and wreak havoc on Arkadia's new Chancellor."

"Don't we all..." Indra muttered, sending a look of understanding over to Kota.

"Fine." She sighed, resentfully. "But I'm just so furious at him! And I hate the idea of staying here and doing nothing about the situation."

"Have patience, my sister. We'll act when the time is right."

Dakota could feel her heartbeat rapidly rising with just the thought of Pike and what he had done to her people. All the hidden aggression and anger that she had worked so hard to lock away during the past three months after Mount Weather, began breaking free.

It was almost like the hidden monster trapped inside of her from her time as a Reaper was rattling the bars on it's cage, trying desperately to be let loose. Of course Pike would be the stressor of all things. One single man who was practically the epitome of both preconception and detriment, and who also caused the monster inside of her to stir awake and become restless.

The question was, who would be the one to finally release it? Who would be the one to pull the so-called trigger, and let the bullet fly? All Dakota knew, was that once the monster inside of her broke free from it's cage, all hell would break loose with it. That thought alone caused her breathing to become irregular and for her vision to become slightly hazy. She quickly felt something warm in her right hand, and the pressure of it squeezing hers was enough to pull Kota away from her troubling thoughts and realize that it was only Octavia trying to comfort her.

The brunette looked at her with concern, as did the rest of the women in the tent, but Kota just ignored them and turned away. She didn't want pity or sympathy. She wanted vengeance. If that meant playing the waiting game until the time was right, just like she did with Cage, then so be it. She quickly muttered something about needing air, before she rushed out of the tent. Octavia tried to go with her to make sure she was alright, but the Commander's voice stopped her.

"Let her be." Lexa told her. "She needs time to cool off."

"Let her be?" Octavia repeated. "Like hell I am! I've seen that look in her eyes before, she's having a panic attack. I need to calm her down—"

"—No. What you need to do is get Clarke into your camp's walls. Kota will be fine. I'll take care of her, don't worry." Octavia hesitated a moment, glancing outside, before she sighed and nodded in agreement.

"Okay."

With that, her and Clarke exited the tent and made their way back to Arkadia, while Lexa ordered one of her guards to watch over Indra, before she left to find her sister.

Meanwhile, Pike took it upon himself to intern all of the grounders in the med-bay, due to a "lack of supplies." Or, was it just due to a lack of compassion on his part? Either way, he and his soldiers forced the wounded and sick grounders from their beds, as Bellamy stood watch. Pretty soon Lincoln came into the room as well, and noticed what was happening to his people. He ended up beating up Gillmer, the guard, which resulted in him being taken away with the others to their new confinement.