Chapter 35: Life continues

Start from the beginning

I put on the heater in the room, place everything in my on the side table and quickly remove Kyran's clothes, as gently as possible keeping an eye on the new machine plugged into his body to monitor his heartbeat rate. I wish I could place a warm kiss upon his face, but I can't at the moment because of the ventilation and breathing machine that's keeping him breathing and most possibly alive.

I smile weakly at him, encouraging him to wake up in my thoughts.

"Good morning baby boy" I greet. "Today's another sunny day. We could go fishing if you want. It will definitely be fun." I imagine what the day would be like if he was here. Dean said it would be best of we talk to him, it's possible he can hear us and if we talk positively he may awake from his coma more quickly. I try my best to strike a conversation with my silent mate every day.

"You know the stab scar on your chest displayed a few days ago. And don't worry, Hunter made sure to get a good picture to show when you wake, so wake up quickly okay baby boy" I shut my eyes tight, squeezing the tears that linger back to where they came from. One tear trails down and I quickly wipe it away and continue wiping down Kyran's body.

While I continue wiping him down, I keep him up to date on the pack. Telling I would have taken him on date if we didn't go fishing or just all the random things we could have done today.

--------

During the next day, I repeat what I do every other day. Only today around  noon, Dean calls me into his office. The thoughts that flare in me don't sit well at all.

Walking through the long silent white halls my insides only turn even more. The feeling clamming my body inside-out. I knock on his office door once I reach the far ends of the hospital, letting him know of my presence.

Kind of feels odd though, my Alpha self, waiting to see another. Makes me feel like I'm in school again and waiting to see the principal. God can I ever.

He soon opens the door and welcomes me in. He pulls a chair motioning me sit before he takes his own seat and just stares at him. So feels like I'm back in the office of my old principal.

He let's out a sigh and closes the file on his tables.

"Alpha can I have your permission to  speak to you on doctor - patient basis and not Alpha- clan member basis" he asks nervously and for a minute I just stare at him, trying to gauge at his thoughts before letting out a breath, nodding to give him the permission he seeks. He let's out a breath of his own as if relieved.

"Okay I'm going to with no census then" he pulls open a drawer on his desk and then pulls out another file.

"So here's the deal Theo" he lets his eyes trying to gauge my reaction but I just remain as I am and motion him to continue.

"Um okay. We know you blacked out a few days ago because of the pain Kyran is being going through, but Theo as much as you take care of Kyran, you also need to take care of yourself. While you blacked out, I carried out a full body test because I was worried and so is everyone else. And to my concerns, I was right. Due to your lack of eating, you've developed ulcers. Seriously what is Kyran going to do with you when he see you look so drained and out of energy. You have lost an incredible amount of weight and it's deeply concerning. Please take care to at least eat more. This clan, can't have both it's Alpha's sick." Dean finishes in a quick breath and backs away into his chair, as if I'll bark out an order for his death this instance. Seriously I'm not that type of Alpha. Like honestly.

"Okay" I say and get up to go back to Kyran.

"Okay?" He questions. "Okay, you going to eat properly or okay, fuck off okay?" He questions