Ch. 8

Dabi knew Niko changed after that night. She spaced out when they got home, only coming back when Dabi gently nudged her. She would brush him off and give him a half convincing smile. He tried to comfort her and reassure her that she was safe with him, but her nightmare that night gave away that she was scared. His alpha was miserable watching his omega break down like that. He promised to stay away from the league because of that night; he plastered himself to Niko's side until she was at work, but he still made sure to walk her there and back.

Her co-workers notice as well, especially Natsuo. He approached her to complain about her not showing up to dinner that night, but when she turned around, he saw the bruising on her neck and the bags under her eyes.

"Niko! Holy shit, what happened?" He said, pulling her into a tight hug; this caused her to break down, she held it together with Dabi, but Natsuo's gentle nature made her drop her facade. She explained that she was mugged after work by some alphas, but another alpha found them and helped her. It killed her to lie to him, but the truth would only make him worry more.

"Hey, how about you come to my house for dinner? Fuyumi would love to have you over, and I don't want you going home alone after something like that." He said gently, rubbing her back. "You can invite your alpha. We'd love to meet him."

Niko shook her head gently, "I'd love to have dinner if that's not too big of a problem, but he's out of town with work this week. Maybe next time?" She said, trying to smile at him.

"Perfect, I'll text Fuyumi!" Natsuo patted her head and walked off to text his sister.

Her day went by quickly; luckily, the universe decided to give her a good day. She got to go home before dinner; Natsuo said he'd send the family driver to get her. Dabi met her in an alley nearby, giving her a soft kiss and a hug.

"I missed you, little omega." He smiled, taking a minute to hold her. "How was your day?"

"It was good. My coworker invited me to dinner. Is it okay if I go? I was supposed to meet him last night, but that didn't happen." Niko looked up at him, trying to see what his reaction would be.

Dabi frowned; he was crazy being cooped up all day without her, but she looked so tired, and after last night he knew she needed to do something then stay at the apartment all night. "You need to have fun; I guess I'll survive without you." He softly teased. Niko smiled and thanked him, giving him a sweet kiss on the cheek.

~~~

Niko knew the Todoroki family was well off, but standing in front of their house; she was still stunned; she couldn't believe how big their home was in the heart of the city. She tugged self-consciously on her outfit, feeling underdressed. But Natsuo happily greeted her at the door, and Fuyumi ran out of the kitchen to give her a warm hug.

"Oh my god, Niko, are you okay?" She said with a worried tone, rushing to her side.

"Thank you for worrying, but I'm okay. Just shaken." Niko told her to reassure her. "I brought you guys some sake; I'm sorry I didn't have time to get a better gift."

"No, it's perfect; I'm just happy you're okay. We want to give you a warm meal to make you feel better! You didn't have to bring a gift." Fuyumi said to make her feel better. "But come in, we can give you the tour!"

Niko smiled, feeling at home with them. The house was huge, and she got lost after the first hallway. They finally settled in the dining room, all three enjoying the sake while dinner finished cooking. They all got a little tipsy, and as the night went on, it only got worse. It was enjoyable; Niko hadn't laughed that much in a long time. She felt herself relax, the tension in her shoulders easing up.