Prologue-Ringing

It always came and went. Sometimes it would stay longer and it would be just enough to grab his attention, but then it would go and it wouldn't matter.

It's not important. It doesn't matter. It's probably something else. He told himself it every day, tried to make himself believe it was okay however it wasn't okay.

What if it's serious? What if it's a sign? What if it's a symptom? Those days would scare him the most. He would write a reminder. 'Book doctor's appointment.' 'Drop by the clinic.' 'Talk to the nurse.' He tried to make himself care about it but by the time it came around to doing something, it was gone again and he couldn't care less. He had other things to do.

Volleyball training. Volleyball match. Volleyball training camp- that was his current excuse. 'I'll do it after the training camp.'

He couldn't have known that he would never get the chance again.

A happy night. Oikawa and Kuroo singing off key. Aone and Tanaka scaring off the lurchers watching the girls. Bokuto ‘secretly’ kissing Akashi in the back corner. It was all going well.

Until it returned. Hinata tried to ignore it. It'll go away, it always does. But it didn't and it was starting to hurt. It didn't normally hurt. It was very rare it hurt. It shouldn't hurt.

Bidding the others goodnight, he tried to sleep it off. He didn't know. He should have known.

The ringing was a sign but by tomorrow, it'll be too late.