THREE | FLUFF

It’s after dinner when his daddy asks him a strange question. Daddy had just made dinner so papa was cleaning up.

“Do you want a little sibling?” Bokuto questions out of the blue. Kou, his son, looks up from his puzzle quizzically. He’d just recently gotten a newer harder one but he was already half way through. He cocks his head before Kou asks him again.

“Yeah!” Kou shouts, It was lonely sometimes when papa and daddy couldn’t play with him.

 A loud crash startles him and he runs automatically to Kou’s knee, looking back toward the kitchen.  His papa looks up with a strange expression before apologizing, going to pick up the tin pan he’d dropped.

Kou giggles. His papa could be so clumsy sometimes. Sometimes he walk as though he were off balance somehow.

Bokuto pulls him up to his lap, straightening his pajamas as he gets comfortable. Bokuto runs a warm hand through his damp hair and dries the slightly damp strands instantly. 

“I want a little sibling,” Kou says excitedly, “We could play games, and do pussles.” Kou says excitedly and Bokuto chuckles.

Puzzles," Bokuto corrects softly, "I’ll talk to papa tonight for you,” Bokuto says eyes straying to his papa in the kitchen. Kuroo looks up before blushing and looking elsewhere. He dries his hands with a towel before setting it on the counter. 

His papa clears his throat, walking over.

“Time for bed,” Kurok announces.

Kou shakes his head tucking himself closer to Koutaro with a giggle. Kuro puts his hands on his hips giving him an expectant look but Kou shakes his head clinging to Bokuto's pajama top.

“Oh no you don't,” Tetsurō says scooping him out of Bokuto'z hold. Kou chirps as Tetsurō grabs him quickly.

"I'm not tired yet," Kou says stifling a yawn, "I can stay up with daddy?" he questions lightly fingers curling in Tetsurō's top. It's worth a shot. He wants to talk more about a little sibling now.

Kuroo turns an expectant eye to his husband Bokuto and so does Kou.

“Hey, I'm staying out of this, its your bedtime Kou,” Bokuto says putting his hands up. "We can talk more in the morning," Bokuto supplies.

"Papa, scares daddy," Kou giggles before yawning.

“Exactly,” Tetsurō says peaking at Kou. "I'm in charge and don't you forget it," Tetsurō says pressing a kiss to his cheek Kou laughs.

Koutaro chuckles, grabbing his wrist as Tetsurō shifts him to his left shoulder.

"Boku-"

Kou turns watching as daddy pulled his papa into a kiss.

"Kou is right, you are in charge," Bokuto rumbles softly. His papa goes a bit pink and Kou yawns again as he straightens up.

Kou lay his head against his shoulder. His parents were so boring. He settles him for bed, clicking his night light on. As he’s falling asleep he watches through bleary vision as Tetsurō pulls his door up, leaving a gap.

When he wakes up it’s really late.

His fuzzy brows furrow, and he rubs his eyes. He’s not sure why he’s awake until he hears another funny sound. He sits up slowly. It’s not as dark in his room thanks to the night light. It feels overwhelming and the strange sensation frightens him a bit, before they settle.

He hugs his plush closer as he crawls out of bed in search of the sound. His door is closed which is unusual and he’s suddenly scared. He opens the door peaking into the hallway and its dark.