A Next Generation Legend: Part 16 [Class Trial]

Start from the beginning

"But the other alternative doesn't make sense either..." Makoto added "Chihiro and Junko found Sakura's body together, and Hifumi's body was found not even a few minutes later. The killer couldn't have killed Hifumi in such a short space of time! It would be impossible!"

"There's always the possibility Hifumi died right in front of us I suppose..." Kyoko branched out into an alternate possibility "the Monokuma File this time around doesn't detail the time of death."

"Nor does it detail anything else of importance," Celeste added "whoever writes these things is very...vexatious..."

"I can't help but agree with you there, but it's as Makoto said, I doubt it's a situation like we're thinking," Byakuya said "after all, who's to say the killer killed two people?"

"Huh?" Hiro asked "but, two people are dead! Unless one of them is still alive?"

"No, they're both dead. The body discovery announcements are proof of that," Chihiro sighed "I think what Byakuya means is we may be dealing with two different killers."

"But...what happens if that's the case?" Makoto asked, "do they both get executed? Monokuma said he'd explain it a little bit more when we got to the trial."

"It's different depending on the situation," Monokuma decided to answer, "in this context, only the most recent killer will receive punishment, and the initial killer will continue to live after the trial."

"That's...a strange way of puttin' it..." Mondo considered.

"Ok, so let me get this straight," Junko tried to grasp his words "if Sakura died first and Hifumi died second, only the one who killed Hifumi would be executed, right?"

"That's right!" Monokuma grinned "sometimes, we do it the other way around, where the first killer is the one that gets executed, but it's different this time around, and there's a reason for that."

"A reason?" Kyoko noticed "well, I doubt you'll tell us what it is, so I suppose we should figure that out. I think we should first consider the order of events and figure out which of the victims died first."

"Sakura's body discovery went off first, so let's assume, for now, that she was first," Chihiro led the discussion "let's start by talking about her and how she could have died.

[Non-Stop Debate]

🔫Monokuma File #3

🔫Open wiring

🔫State of Sakura's Body

Makoto: So, we're going to talk about Sakura, but honestly...

Makoto: The fact that she died in the first place is shocking...

Junko: I don't think it's likely that...

Junko: the person who killed her...

Junko: ⌖did so by fighting against her...⌖

Yasuhiro: I mean, it's possible, isn't it?

Yasuhiro: Sure, she was strong, but, ⌖she must have had some wounds, right? ⌖

Hm...that's not true, there's something there that goes against what we know.

Makoto: So, we're going to talk about Sakura, but honestly...

Makoto: The fact that she died in the first place is shocking...

Junko: I don't think it's likely that...

Junko: the person who killed her...

Junko: ⌖did so by fighting against her...⌖

Yasuhiro: I mean, it's possible, isn't it?