Chapter 13: The Kidnapping

" Something bad happened. I can feel it."
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

*Padme's POV*  

Watching Anakin leave my apartment was the hardest thing I've done in eight months. Watching him walk into a large portal of bright white lights was hard. My heart nearly breaking, the hope that I might see him again soon was the only thing keeping me from breaking down and crying every drop of water from my body.

As the sun rises over the horizon I let go of the idea that I will go back to sleep. Climbing out of my bed I head to my bathroom and switch on the shower.

I need it from the workout I had last night.

I think to myself as I watch steam begin to fill the closed room. I can't stop the smirk forming on my lips as I replay a few moments of Anakin and I's love-making last night in my head. Eight months of deep wanting for each other exploding in one night.

I take off the shirt I slipped on after he had left letting the silky fabric pool at my bare feet. I step into the shower, a sigh escapes my lips as the warm water washes over me, hitting all my tense muscles.

Taking my sponge I later it with lavender-scented soap and wash myself from my neck all the way to my toes. I gasp as I catch a glimpse of my body in a mirror. Small blue marks dotted my neck and breast. Heat ruses to my cheeks turning them a deep shade of red when I realize what they are.

The bloody man gave me hickeys!

"Anakin Skywalker you are a dead man the next time I see you." I say to myself.

Once I'm finished washing I turn the shower off and wrap a towel tight around my body.

I walk to my room, my wet feet leave behind a trail of wet footprints. I pat myself bone dry and dress into one of the dresses I bought for work. I make sure it has a high neck to cover up my...... little presents Anakin gave me.

He must be smirking to himself right now, sneaky bastard.

As I am about to leave my room I hear a noise coming from my living room. It sounds like someone walking around my apartment. Instinctively I reach for the blaster I keep next to my bed, but I stop just as my fingers are about to grab hold of it.

Hang on Padme it is probably just 3PO.

I move my hand away from my blaster and go out of my room with the intent to greet him.

"Goodmorning 3-"

I stop when I see him standing where I left him last night. His eyes were dark signaling that he was still powered down.

My heart begins to beat faster. If it wasn't 3PO I heard walking around then who was it?

I spin around in a 360 motion my eyes darting back and forth looking for anything out of the ordinary. I mentally scold myself for leaving my blaster in my room. But maybe I can still get to it.

I spin around quickly on my heels, but I can't get to my room because a figure is standing in front of me.

I recognize him instantly as Cad Bane the famous bounty hunter who had held me and many other senators as hostages a few years back. 

"Hello, there pretty lady." He says with a crooked smile.

I reach my hand out to try and hit him but he catches my wrists and pulls me against him.

"He-"

My scream is cut short as he holds his other hand over my mouth. I trash my body around and try to kick him but he is stronger than me.

A smaller creature comes from behind my sofa, a sack in its hands.

It cackles as it jumps up and places the sack over my head blinding me from my surrounding.

I feel two small metal rods being stuck against my neck soon followed by electricity coursing through my body. I scream in pain and try to trash around, but the pain soon becomes too much to bear and I pass out.

Ani!

*Anakin's POV*

Ani!

I scream as I launch myself up. My body was drenched with sweat from thrashing around during my nightmare.

It was of Padme in a dark cell screaming for me to help her. I close my eyes for a brief second and I can see her again. Tears streaming down her face, a long bony hand holding the sides of her face, making her look at me.

The door to my room slides open and Obi-wan and Ashoka rush in with half-open eyes.

"Master are you okay?" Ashoka asked in a frantic voice.

I shake my head no.

"What is wrong?" Obi-wan asked.

I take a deep breath to try to calm myself down, but it doesn't help as the image of my angel in pain flashes again in my head.

"Something bad happened. I can feel it."