Act I. viii

Focus on the Force.

Feel the Force.

Let it wash over you like a wave breaking against the shore line, and as it retreats back into the ocean, let it guide you.

Eleri kept trying. If she had to name one accomplishment she had, it was the ability to feel the Force. She could not manipulate it, or ask it for help, but she could sit quietly and observe it.

But right now her concentration was not on her side. She could feel Master Yoda's presence in his room, sleeping as he should be, but she felt Luke's a lot closer than she knew he was. Eleri didn't know if that was her fault for focusing too much on him, so she turned over in bed, eyes still shut to give off the illusion of sleeping, to try and locate him properly.

Only when a soft nudge to her shoulder occurred, and her nickname was uttered did she realize that she had not guessed wrong - Luke was actually right beside her.

"Ellie," he repeated, "wake up."

"Luke?" Eleri blinked, turning her head to look up at him before noticing that it was still dark out. "Why are you up?"

"Can we train now?"

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

Her head moved towards the doorway where her Master slept, no sound coming from his direction as usual, before turning to see that the sun still hadn't risen. Why would Luke want to train so early?

"Alright." Eleri agreed, really just eager to spend more time with him.

The humid breeze had a surprisingly chilly affect on Eleri's skin, probably because she had not yet fully awakened, and the warm veil of sleep tempted her to go back to bed.

"What are we-" but she did not get to finish her question before Luke grabbed her arm in surprise - twisted and lifted her - before her back slammed on the ground. "Eek!"

"I win!" Luke dropped her arm with a smile.

"That was not fair and you know it." Eleri scolded, standing back up with fervour (she was no longer tired).

"It's wasn't." Luke agreed. "But, now that we're warmed up, let's make a bet."

She raised an eyebrow at him.

"You win, I do the chores for the next week."

"And if you win?" Eleri questioned.

He looked up at the sunrise for a moment, the shadow of thought streaming across his face.

"I don't know yet," he conceded, "I'll tell you when I win."

"You've only ever beaten me when you've cheated." Eleri taunted, getting ready to fight. He grinned and they began.

She could definitely notice Luke's improvements since he came to Dagobah. His hand-to-hand combat has been refined, and he's able to make quick jabs while also taking the time to protect himself. His use with the Force was what impressed her the most though. Eleri had grown up with Yoda already being a Jedi Master, so she had never seen the progression of mastering the Force.

Admittedly, of course, she thought she'd hate seeing Luke progress, but in reality, his manipulation of the Force was so beautiful to watch, that Eleri found herself sitting at the window and staring in amazement as he trained.

It filled her with an incredible feeling, seeing him get better, and she quite preferred it to the bitterness that she was used to.

Perhaps Eleri was too absorbed in her thoughts - or perhaps it was that distinct feeling of tripping over nothing that Eleri knew was not her fault - that made her plummet to the ground. Luke pinned her down.