chapter 25

⚠️triggers:

sexual harassment mentioned

As Beverly said, the well was located in the basement of the house, surrounded by darkness. The place was disgusting, which made Eddie use his inhaler one more time while going down the wooden stairs; Richie, walking behind him, put his hand on his shoulder, comforting him. Eddie turned around and gave him a shy smile.

Beverly was the first one to step on the basement, followed by Bill and Stan. Ben arrived at the end of the stairs later on, leaving some space for Richie and Eddie.

The Losers Club walked towards the well carefully: not being able to see its ending was even scarier. Bill and Ben tried to illuminate it with their flashlights but it was useless.

"Hey, Eddie, you got a quarter?"

"I wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing."

"Mike?" Ben asked, his words echoing through the well.

Suddenly, Bill's hand started trembling, making the light shake. Stanley noticed it quickly and held his hand, kissing it first.
They both smiled at each other and stayed together so they made sure they were safe.

On the contrary, Eddie was looking down the well when Richie, all of a sudden, appeared behind him and acted like he would throw him down. Eddie screamed terrified of the fall and faced him, pushing him away while cursing.

Beverly chuckled, wondering which of the two types of relationships would Kay and her be.

Once focusing on the mission again, they realized there was a rope hanging out of the well, prepared for them to descent with it. The teenagers looked at each other, all of them thinking the same thing: Pennywise was waiting for them down there.

Against Stan's will, Bill was the first one to get down, subjecting his hands tight to the rope. He went down slowly, being precarious so he wouldn't get hurt or, even worse, die.
Some minutes later, they were almost all down.

"Richie! Speed up!" Stanley ordered him.

As always, Richie decided to act like the hero so he forced all his friends to descent before him, so his arrival would be even more intriguing.

Richie exhaled and walked forward but it wasn't until he had grabbed the rope when the metallic sound of someone hitting him from behind, made him fall. He felt the pain like a horrible nightmare but it wasn't coming from the hit itself, it was the fact he wasn't expecting it what terrified him.

Some meters down, Eddie shouted his boyfriend's name before seeing his atacant.

Gretta was standing there with a metal bar, showing a creepy smile to the others. She stared at Eddie and blew him a kiss, just before focusing back to Richie.

"No! No! What the fuck!" Eddie grabbed the rope. "I have to go back!"

"Eddie, no!" Beverly stopped him, pulling him away from the black hole. "It's too dangerous!"

"He's my fucking boyfriend, Bev!" he cried out. "What if she kills him?"

Knowing she couldn't stop him anymore, Beverly let Eddie go. At the same time, Gretta had taken the rope away, which made Eddie unable to go up.

"No!"

But there was nothing he could do anymore. Now it was all up to Richie.

Richie grunted and touched the back of his head, easily finding where Gretta had hit him.

"You thought I was dead, didn't you?" her figure soon became Richie's mom's. "What about me, son? Do you feel like I'm dead?"

"What the- Holy shit!"