chapter 3

Same day - 8:30 p.m.

Walking around Derry made him feel scared as he knew he was getting closer to Neibolt Street. His stomach started hurting and, even though he was alone, Eddie didn't want to throw up in the middle of the street, ignoring his temptations.

The old house stood there like a living nightmare: his broken windows seemed like big eyes staring at him, his cracking wood sounded as if someone was walking next to him with enormous steps. Eddie experienced this sensation like somebody was watching him. And he wasn't wrong.

All of a sudden, Henry's figure appeared from behind him with a proud smile. It was the first time they were alone since last summer, which have Eddie the chills of their past.

"Thought you were a pussy." Bowers scoffed. "Turns out that's just what you don't feel attracted to."

"That's disg-" Eddie rolled his eyes and decided to ignore his comment. "Anyway, I'm here. That's what you wanted, didn't you?"

Bowers got closer to Eddie slowly, which made Eddie step back, meaning he was now closer to the haunted house.

"You had no other option, anyway." he replied, with a flirting attitude. "Now, get in."

Eddie turned his head back around and stared at the scary house: it was probably full of germs and disgusting animals like rats and spiders... but Henry was right: he had no other option. He was cornered, again.

"Fine." he told him. "But from now on you will leave me alone."

As the moon shined, Henry tried to place his hand on Eddie's cheek but he slapped it away.

"Oh come on, don't act so cold with me like nothing happened between us."

"That's because nothing happened." he denied. "We flirted because I thought you had changed but look at us now:" his voice deepened. "I guess I was wrong."

"We kissed, Eddie. Countless times."

"Four." he corrected him. "I can fucking count them with only one hand."

Henry bit his lip, struggling to not lose his temper, and stepped away.

"Just get in the fucking house. And tell me if something weird happens, I heard a circus clown was murdered there by angry citizens."

"What? Somebody died in it?"

"Yeah. Don't forget to inform me if you see his ghost or something."

And with that, he left.
Eddie stared at his figure walking away and, when Henry wasn't visible anymore through the fog, Eddie looked at the house again.

If that's what he needed to do for Henry to leave him alone, he would do it even though he could get a serious infection. He just wanted everything to be over.

//

"Dude, I have to go home."

"Can't you just stay the night?" Richie insisted.

Mike shrugged and kept laying down on Richie's sofa while watching a horror movie.

"Fine." he said, still unconvinced. "But you will have to help me with my parents farm tomorrow morning."

"Deal." his smile showed up when he ate some popcorn from the bowl. "I just don't want to be alone tonight."

"What about your parents?"

Richie looked at him and shrugged. The blonde teenager on the screen shouted when she got decapitated.

"What about them? You know they're always out. They don't care about me anymore."