chapter 7

Within time, Eddie opened his eyes and felt surrounded by darkness. Standing up in the middle of nowhere, he kept walking without a clue where he was heading to.

He just wanted to find Pennywise and end with Richie's suffer. He didn't care about his own safety anymore: that curly haired boy with Hawaiian shirts and bad jokes was all Eddie could think about.

It wasn't until some seconds had passed by when his background started to project some pictures and colors, letting him know where he was currently at.

"Hey! Give me that! It's mine!" a little boy cried out with a high-pitched voice.

"You heard that, boys?" another kid mocked. "The girl wants her inhaler back."

Three other kids laughed at the bullie's insult while the boy stood in the middle of them, trying to reach his inhaler uselessly.

Only after identifying the boys, Eddie realized what he was staring at: it was him and the Bowers Gang in fifth grade. Every day after class, Henry and his goons waited for the asthmatic boy outside the school so they could make fun of him and annoy the innocent kid.

Seventeen-year-old Eddie Kaspbrak tried not to cry after wasting all those tears during his childhood because of some stupid bullies. Guilt invaded his body when he remembered all those memories he spent with Henry Bowers last summer.... how could he had been so blind?

"You like what you see, wheezy?" Pennywise said, behind him.

Eddie didn't expect the clown so close to him so he jumped with fright.

"Jesus, Mary, Joseph!" he shouted. "Wha... what do you-"

"If you want to defeat me, that's fine." the clown told him with honesty. "But you will have to go back to all those painful moments that made you crumble."

Knowing that trying to fight back would be a bad idea since the beginning, Eddie had no other option but to nod.
He wasn't feeling brave at all but he knew someone who was.

"Okay. Show me what you've got."

//

"Fucking bottle piece of shit! There's not enough in here for me to stay awake much longer! Screw you, Russians!"

Richie sighed and got up from bed with the intention of throwing away the empty bottle. He had already been awake for two hours and the clock kept working, telling Richie how useless he was being.

But as soon as Richie stepped out of bed, he heard Eddie muttering his name with a soft voice.
Richie turned around and saw how Eddie, still sleeping, was trying to reach Richie's hand but he wasn't there.

Like an instinct, Richie left the cristal bottle on the floor and got into bed again, grabbing Eddie's hand quickly.

"Hey, I'm here again, buddy."

"Richie..." Eddie said, still inside the nightmare. "Richie... no!"

Getting nervous by the time Eddie was starting to move his body while daydreaming, Richie placed both their hands together near him.

"It's okay, Eddie. You can do it." he told him, laying next to him. "I believe in you, my love."

//

"My love."

Suddenly, Eddie felt somebody's hand on his but he was still alone: he sensed a warm touch against his and how completed that made him feel.