It scared her, this claustrophobic feeling she'd never experienced before—the need to move.

Leaving her room, Liv slowly closed the door to minimise any sound. Her mother had been hovering since the wolves had left and Liv was afraid she might just wake up and demand to know where she was going so early. As she tiptoed her way to the front door she realised for the first time how big their suite was.

She was aware of every moment that passed as it stretched out to a painful degree until she finally got to the front door. Once she was out she breathed a sigh of relief. Curiously enough despite the heightened anxiety she'd just been under, her heart was as steady as a rock. She also found herself experiencing a thrill that had her almost laughing.

Then she remembered they shared the floor with her friend's family. Since they weren't human there was no telling what they could sense. And the last thing she wanted was to face the lies they'd been telling her. She got it, they had to keep their secrets, but couldn't they have told her she wasn't human? Explained that her so-called skills were abnormal abilities?

Liv found herself getting off the elevator on Don's floor. She hadn't had any intention of coming here but it was like something was drawing her. A need to see him that was irrational and yet so deep that she couldn't talk herself out of it.

It was an empty feeling she realised had been lurking inside her soul unacknowledged. A thing that had festered so long she had never known it was there. Painful realisation intruding where she'd thought she was content and happy.

Was this what it meant to find your mate? This sense that you were no longer enough as you always had been? she didn't like it.

She was frozen as she stared at the closed door with the golden 13B written on it. A war going on inside her as her common sense screamed at her. Yet all she wanted was to knock on the door and just see him. So she became paralysed by the conflicting desires that were equal in their control of her.

Much as she willed herself to act, to leave and preserve what little dignity she still had, Liv found herself rooted. None of her recriminations had the power to drive her away from what she knew was stalkerish behaviour. What was she doing thinking of knocking on the door of a guy she'd just met in the middle of the night?

 And when the door before her opened she felt a flood of relief that warred with the embarrassment warming her cheeks. Even with that embarrassment holding on to her, she felt like she could breathe for the first time. Like the vice that had constricted all she was, had finally let go.

Her eyes met his and everything seemed to fall into place. It was the most natural thing to rush into his arms, to draw in his scent with a deep breath. The feel of his arms wrapping around her was like an explosion splintering every cell of her body. Yet it felt like the calm centre of a perfect storm.

He smelled like sandalwood that had a hint of fire beneath it. A scent that was primal, earthy and absolutely intoxicating. "What is wrong with me?" She asked confusion in her voice.

"You're okay," his deep voice soothed. "Just breathe."

Liv took another deep breath, her arms tightening around him. With another, her heart calmed down from its racing pace. She became aware of the soothing heat that seeped into her body from him. Aware of the hard planes of his chest flush against her body.

Her hands were gripping naked heat in the form of muscled shoulders that flexed with his slightest movement. His skin was soft velvet wrapped around steel. Her hands relaxed their hold and then traced down his back.

"Liv..." his warning was a low growl.

She ignored it and then glided her hands down the smooth curved plane of his back. The feel of his skin was intoxicating, a pleasure she hadn't known could be. His breaths were coming in faster but he held himself still as she slowly caressed his hip bone with one hand whilst the other still traced his back.