Chapter Fifteen: Bonding with Britain

Soooo, I'm planning on finishing the rest of the book tonight. So be prepared for updates~

_____________________________________________________

Alfred was in bed, rolling over to his side and trying to get comfortable. The babies were due yesterday, but Alfred showed no signs of going into labor. It worried the other nations immensely that Alfred was late, but that only made our little freedom bean feel worse. Ivan had been called to a meeting, a simple follow up from one of his meetings a few days prior. So, as Alfred continued to toss and turn in the bed, he could only feel emptiness.

Until he turned to his side and came face to face with Britain.

"Iggy!" Alfred yelped, startled.

"Good morning little man, how are you feeling?" Alfred shrugged at the question, "well, I think I have an idea that will make you feel better," Arthur moved to the side and showed Alfred a wheelchair.

"What are we going to do with a wheelchair?" Arthur helped Alfred sit up, rubbing his belly.

"You've been cramped in this room for nearly a few months. You deserve a peaceful day of fresh air, so I decided we could hit up the shopping center. Maybe even urge those little urchins out of you," Arthur winked. Alfred gave him a watery smile and nodded, and with some help, stood up straight and got into the wheelchair. Alfred had been wearing one of Ivan's sweaters and leggings, so he was already in comfortable clothes for going out.

His pregnant belly was adorable as he sat down in the wheelchair, getting cozy with the pillow Arthur had placed on the seat. He wheeled Alfred out and towards the stairs, where Germany and Sweden lifted the locked wheels and carried the chair down the stairs. China gave Arthur a basket and Finland kissed Alfred's temple.

Meanwhile, Canada, Belarus, Romano, and Japan felt their hearts pace. Something didn't sit right with them. Prussia, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland also felt queasy. Nobody seemed to voice these feelings, knowing that Arthur would sooner die than let anything happen to Alfred. Even Finland grew to trust the Brit, which is why he even agreed to allow Arthur to take Alfred from the sanctuary of his room.

Arthur loaded the wheelchair in the back of the car, helping Alfred into the passenger seat. Alfred took notice of the red handicap placard on the rearview mirror, making him smile. Arthur had gotten a temporary handicap from him. Arthur took notice in the smile and noticed Alfred looking at the placard. He gently rubbed Alfred's face and his eyes seemed to shine with unshed tears.

The drive was pretty silent, aside from Alfred humming a few tunes that played on the radio. As they pulled into a shopping center, they noticed how only one handicap spot was left. Arthur pulled into it and parked, shutting the car off and unlocking the doors.

"Iggy, those old people need it more," Alfred noticed as a pickup truck pulled near them. The handicap placard was blue and there was an elderly man driving. A young woman was in the passenger seat, she quickly unbuckled and got out. Her face was contorted with a sense of rage and entitlement as she knocked on Arthur's window. Arthur huffed and rolled down the window since it was still operational despite the car being off.

"Excuse me, but you can't take this spot," her voice was snooty and brash.

"We most certainly can, my child is pregnant and can't walk long distances. We even have a wheelchair, so my poor angel doesn't stress out," Arthur gently grazed Alfred's belly. Alfred looked at her and waved shyly.

"Well, my father needs this spot more. He can barely walk a few yards before needing to catch his breath,"

"Iggy, just give them the spot. I can wheel myself a little further," Alfred pleaded with Arthur. Arthur could feel Alfred getting stressed and clenched his hand. He was about to answer when he noticed the handicap spot in front of them had become available.