eight

effie's POV:

effie's POV:

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I sat up, rubbing my eyes in the process and leaned over towards the coffee table of Harry's living room. Last night, after putting Harry to bed like a child I was too tired to walk all the way back to my place so instead, I grabbed a blanket and slept on his couch.

If a year ago someone told me that I would be in an alternate universe, looking after Harry Bingham like a small child and sleeping on his couch I would've laughed and never believed it. I mean who would?

I grabbed my phone only to see so many messages from the group chat someone had made for the camping trip.

Gordie: town meeting in 5. Wear something black. It's Important.

This was quite weird seen as Cassandra was the one who usually sent messages like this.

I yawned, shrugging my shoulders and unwrapped the blanket from around my body. I began folding the blanket and turned around to put it away in the cupboard that I had taken it from when I saw Harry stood at the bottom of the staircase.

He began looking me up and down "You could've borrowed some of my clothes" he chuckled and a smile grew on my face. "It's okay." I shook my head and looked in his direction. "I should get going, gordie said there's a meeting at the church. You coming?" I yawned. "Yeah, yeah, sure. Wait. Let me get you something to wear." He turned on his heel and jogged back up the stairs.

"Here" he threw me a sweatshirt and a pair of leggings. "The shirt is mine and those are my sisters" he chuckled as I looked at the leggings in confusion. I laughed and motioned for him to turn around.

———————

I walked into the church and sadness hit me immediately. I saw the body covered in a pale white sheet on the table at the front of the church and I knew who it was in an instant. Cassandra. Everything slowly started to make sense. Why she hadn't sent the message. Why we had to wear black. I had just stepped into one of my friends funerals, wearing a sweatshirt and leggings. I couldn't go in like this. It didn't feel right.

"I'll be back in a minute" I tapped Harry on the shoulder and quickly ran home.

I closed the door of my bedroom and stood there, still slightly shocked. I ran towards my closet and pulled out a pair of black jeans, my leather jacket and boots. It wasn't the smartest thing especially for a funeral however, I had no other black clothes, well, unless you count leggings and t-shirts.

I ran back to the church, only to find Harry leaning against one of the pillars with his arms crossed. "Hey" his arms dropped and he made his way over to me. His eyebrows furrowed and he bowed his head, looking at me with confusion in his eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in closer to him.