two

"shit

"shit. shit. shit" Effie mumbled as she rushed to put on her clothes. "Effie you're gonna be late!" Her mom shouted from the other room "as if I don't already know mother" she said to herself as she rolled her eyes.

"Aww I'm gonna miss you" her mom said as she pulled her into a hug. Making her smile. This was the most affectionate her mother had been to her in ages. Just as she was getting used to this sort of attention her older brother, Jamie, walked in. "Surprise!" He shouted in her face. He had gone to college in New York and this was the first time he had visited her family while she was actually here. Not that she wanted to see him. She put on a fake smile and finally started to get excited about getting away from her family for a week.

Or so she thought.

"Johnson!" A familiar voice called out. She turned around to see it was the one and only Harry Bingham walking towards her with a massive smile on his face. "I'm guessing you don't remember what happened last night" she whispered pulling him by his shirt. Harry stood there admiring the short blonde that was infront of him. "Hello?" She hit him in the stomach trying to get his attention "ow!" He said smirking at her. "Oh shut up Harry that did not hurt you" she said rolling her eyes smiling. "What happened last night" he replied with a smirk. "I rejected your party invitation and you seemed quite upset" she said with a laugh. "Effie!" Becca called out for her best friend from across the green. Effie held up her finger to signal that she would only be a minute and turned back around to Harry "I have to go" she said with a fake smile and then walked off to join her friends.

On the journey to the campsite, Effie and becca sat together and Sam behind them. "You excited?" Becca signed. "No. I'm not excited for this stupid trip but I am excited to get away from my family. Jamie came back today, I'm glad I was late though it meant I didn't have to 'catch up with him'" she replied and the pair nodded feeling sympathetic for the girl. "What about you Sam?" She said changing the subject. "No not really either. I'm stuck with Campbell in the forest. He'll probably set a fire" he signed back laughing and the two girls joined in.

Effie woke up to the sound of the wheels of the bus squeaking signalling that they had stopped. "Change of plans" the bus driver began speaking "there's rock slides, the road is closed. You're back home" he shouted as students slowly started gathering their belongings and climbing out of the bus. "Looks like no one was expecting us" She signed to Becca and Sam, both nodding in response. Out of nowhere the 5 busses began to drive off and left the group of teens stranded.

"Hey this is Kate Johnson if I don't reply I'm busy at work" her mother spoke on the other end of the phone. "Mom we're back home ring me back" Effie exclaimed waiting for her mother to call her back. "She's probably just at work" she signed whilst yawning. "That's weird" Becca mentioned "what?" Sam signed in response with a confused expression plastered onto his face. "My mom's phone has gone straight to voicemail too" she said looking around at the other students. "She's probably just asleep" Effie replied trying to make Becca feel better. "Yeah" she replied putting her phone back into her coat pocket.

"Looks like everyone else is going home" Sam signed as he watched his brother, Campbell walk off without him. "I think I'm gonna go too" Becca said tiredly. "I'll see you guys later" Effie signed before walking off back to her home.

"Mom!" Effie shouted as she hung up her coat and dropped onto the couch in her living room. "Mom? We're back home?" She said taking out her phone to try ringing her mother again to see if she was at work or if her family had gone out for some reason.

"Who decided we need a flash mob?" Grizz asked walking towards the group of anxious teens on the green "I did!" Cassandra said raising her arm to get everyone's attention. "What the fuck Cassandra" grizz responded with a slightly higher voice which meant he was starting to get annoyed. "Better than 200 people texting. Has anyone been able to reach anyone?" Cassandra asked only to receive a bunch of 'no's from the crowd. "Not anyone?" And once again a wave of 'no's went through the crowd. "Well there's a simple explanation for this" Cassandra said looking around, trying to reassure the group. "They were evacuated" she nodded "they were evacuated because of the storm. And they're in a shelter somewhere. Somewhere with no reception" she said trying to convince herself and the others. "Maybe it's not safe for us to be here if they were evacuated" a small blonde girl replied. "A few hours isn't gonna make a difference" she said cutting the girl off. "Just go to sleep and we can deal with it in the morning" she said hoping that was enough for the kids to stop panicking.

"Is that your advice Cassandra?" Harry said laughing at the girl "yeah Harry. Just. Just go to sleep" she said looking tired. Of course Harry thought this was the perfect opportunity to throw a party. No parents. No one but them.

Effie got dressed into a white crop top with baggy jeans and a flannel shirt as a jacket and made her way towards the green. "Hey" she said as she walked up to grizz "oh hey ef" he responded with a smile. "This is so weird ri-" grizz began speaking when Jason shouted "the fucking church is open!" And a bunch of teenagers ran towards the church with alcohol.

Of course, Effie and Grizz followed. The church was packed with sweaty teens. Everyone was covered in alcohol and pages of the bible fell from the sky. Effie was keen to take her mind off of everything. Her family, why no one was here and weirdest of all Harry Bingham.

Hey everyone :)
So like I said I'm updating daily and if not it's because I'm writing a longer chapter or because it's not getting as many views.
Anyways please show your support by voting and commenting so I can continue to write and hopefully get better at it ahaha