three

Effie climbed up from the wet grass and walked up to the small group of students outside of the church

Effie climbed up from the wet grass and walked up to the small group of students outside of the church. "What the hell happened last night?" She groaned, her hand clutching the sides of her hair in pain.

Effie jumped around to the music with the rest of her classmates screaming and trying her best to forget about everything else in her life.

"Kelly!" Harry Bingham shouted from across the room as he ran after his girlfriend. Effie was completely drunk and stumbled towards the exit of the church. "Where are you going" grizz tried his best to shout over the loud music. "I need to get some air" Effie replied back "want me to come with?" The jock offered but she declined, wanting him to enjoy his night and not have to look after her like every other party they ever went to together.

"Fuck" Harry mumbled as Kelly walked off. "Having girlfriend trouble?" Effie laughed as she walked up to the brunette. "Why do you keep doing this to me Effie?" He said looking pissed off. "What?" She replied completely out of it
"It's like. Like your teasing me. One day you're all over me and the next you're making fun of me" he said confused by the girl. "I thought that was called flirting" she laughed and stumbled towards him and sat herself down on the grass. He soon joined and stared at her "that summer" he began speaking "the summer that it happened. I really thought it would be like old times. When we used to hang out every day" he said with a smile. "But. You just left. You left and you didn't talk to me again" he said suddenly changing his expression. He looked over to the girl only to find that she had passed out on the grass. He didn't bother to get up, his night had already been ruined by his own stupid mistakes that he wasn't even in the mood to party with his friends.

"We all got drunk" Luke mumbled leaning against the church wall with his eyes closed. Harry looked at Effie hoping that she didn't remember what he had said the previous night. He convinced himself it was just a drunk thought but somewhere in the back of his head he knew it wasn't. "You look rough" Effie mentioned as she sat down next to Harry and leant her head on his shoulder. "I'll get a car and go to Greenwich and get help" Cassandra mentioned, looking elsewhere. "Why you?" Harry asked. "We need to get help, we cant all go" she replied. "I'll go" he said lifting up his head and running his hand through his hair "you sober?" Cassandra asked now looking back at the Bingham boy "ahah fuck you. Cassandra" he said getting up from his place and helping Luke up. "You coming?" He asked Effie holding out his hand. She hesitated at first, but soon realised she had nothing better to do and took it.

Effie climbed into the boy's car joining Clark and Grizz in the back seats. Harry sped down to one of the 3 exits of West Ham only to find that it had been completely blocked off by trees. "What the fuck" Effie said under her breath climbing out of the car and walking towards the end of the road. "Shit" she heard Harry mumble. Harry rushed back to the car and she followed. They drove towards the other exit. It was the same. Covered in tall trees. It was like they were completely blocked off from everyone else. Effie sent out the same text to multiple people that she trusted to keep this information.

Ef:
Come to the bridge that leads to the outskirts of town. Now!

"I don't remember inviting Campbell" Effie rolled her eyes. She knew the boy was trouble. He gave her his usual creepy, psychotic smirk and she cringed.

"There's a reasonable explanation for this" Gordie began speaking. "Maybe we're dreaming" Allie replied, staring at the ground, playing with her bronze star necklace that was given to her by Cassandra.

"Maybe this is some elaborate fucking game" Harry suggested. "Like someone made an exact replica of our town and placed it in the middle of nowhere and if we go this way or that wa-"
"What and just kidnapped some teenagers and abandoned them there?" Effie cut him off before he could even finish his sentence.

"I'm not saying it makes any sense" he replied looking at her and then looking away, not wanting to get caught looking at her. Cassandra turned around and began speaking "there was a smell. And it went away. Then it came back again"
"So you're just gonna try make sense out of this. Not a flicker of doubt?" Harry interrupted before Effie zoned out.
She was sick of their arguments over and over again. "Oh my god. Just shut up" she got up from where she was seated on the ground "why can't you guys just stop arguing for one minute. Can we just think about what we're going to do to survive instead of how we got here or why we're here?" Everyone stayed silent for a second, shocked that Effie got involved in their argument but also relieved.

"I'm going home" she said before making her way back towards the town. She heard Harry's car speed towards her in the distance. "Hey!" He called from his white bmw. "What do you want Harry?" Effie said without looking back at him. Harry climbed out of his car and started chasing after her "can you just wait and listen to me for one fucking minute?" He said before grabbing her arm "what!" She said turning around to face the curly haired boy. "What the fuck was that?" He finally spoke. "Get off of me Harry" she argued back. "What's happening to you?" He said letting go of her. "Harry stop being dramatic. I said what everyone was thinking" she said before walking off back to her house.

After a while of sleeping, Effie made her way down to her kitchen ugh I need to get food she thought to herself. Effie put on her shoes and made her way out of her house only to find Harry Bingham's car parked outside. "Hey ef!" He shouted walking up to her "I was just about to knock. Look I'm sorry for earli-" he said with more energy than earlier "apology accepted" she said as she tried to walk past him. "Ef" he looked at her like a puppy "Harry" she said putting her hand up. "Look Effie I know you hate me right now but. I don't know if you heard me last night... I miss what we used to be" she tried walking off but he moved in front of her again "we used to be so close. Now look at us. You hate me" he said looking down at her. "Harry" she laughed "I heard what you said last night. But like I said a year ago. You have a girlfriend" she said before pushing past him and walking to the store.