one

"Come on don't do this an hour before the play Elizabeth, you're going that's the end of it!" Effie's mother, Kate shouted from down the hall

"Come on don't do this an hour before the play Elizabeth, you're going that's the end of it!" Effie's mother, Kate shouted from down the hall. "why do you always have to do this mom it's humiliating!" she shouted back annoyed that once again, she had to participate in the annual West Ham high school play.

As the sun began to set, Effie grabbed a bag with her costume and a spare change of clothes and made her way back to the school.

"Hey guys," she beamed, smiling at Allie and Grizz as her legs dragged her down the auditorium. "Hey, we were just talking about the play by the way good luck for later." Grizz mentioned giving her a bright smile back. "Yeah, thanks." She nodded.

"Hey Cass." she exclaimed smiling at Cassandra who was patting down her costume in the corner. "Oh hey ef I'm just doing this I'll be with you in a sec." she mumbled back not bothering to turn around.

Effie walked across from cassie's room and walked in to hers, making sure to close the door behind her. She grabbed her bag and dug into it to grab her costume. Effie wasn't one for acting or school plays but her mom made sure that she was in the play every year no matter what. Although Effie was only a small character, her family still loved the idea of torturing her and would drag her here year after year.

A knock sounded from the door, causing her to turn her head. "uh.. come in!" Effie shouted in response to the knocks, expecting it to be Cassandra. "Hey Johnson," a familiar voice called out. "What do you want Bingham? Cant you see I'm busy," she rolled her eyes at the boy.

Effie despised Harry. They came from the same type of rich, stuck up family's however, Effie was the opposite of them unlike Harry who embraced his richness and bullied others for not being as fortunate as him. "Woah calm down ef," he laughed putting his hands up in defence. "Don't call me that." She held her breath, trying her hardest to refrain from rolling her eyes.

"Just came to invite you to my party." he changed the subject quickly. "And why would I wanna come to your stupid party?" She laughed, despite not finding anything funny. "Come on, don't be like this." He argued, annoyance filling Effie even more.. "Like what? Like someone who isn't a stuck up asshole?" She replied, sending him a fake smile before turning back to the mirror to proceed with her makeup. "Whatever." he mumbled under his breath, walking off and closing the door on his way out.

"You were so good" Effie heard as she slowly walked towards the pressman sisters. "Hey" she said quietly before sitting herself on the ground opposite the two blondes. They both replied in sync and carried on their conversation about how Allie was obsessed with Will, the foster kid. Effie started to look around to see anyone else she could talk to when her eyes landed on Harry, who was already looking directly back at her. She quickly got up and walked away from both Harry and the pressman's. Effie took herself back to her dressing room, where it was quieter. She wasn't that friendly with anyone who was at the play tonight apart from Grizz but he had other friends. She sat down on the bean bag in the corner of the dressing room and started messaging becca about how awful her parents were for making her do this, when the door slowly started to creek open and it made Effie jump out of fear.

"Fuck" she mumbled "relax it's just me" Harry said laughing whilst closing the door behind him. "Harry, look I said no. I don't wanna go to your dumbass part-"
"Chill, I don't care I got the memo" he said placing himself down on the stool opposite the mirror. "Are you going on the camping trip tomorrow?" He asked trying to make conversation with the girl. "Yeah, unfortunately" she smiled awkwardly, returning back to her phone to message becca about the awkward encounter with the boy. "Cool cool" he said returning his gaze back to the floor. "What are you doing in here Harry?" she finally replied catching his attention. As he looked up they accidentally caught eye contact and as quick as it had happened, it had ended. Effie was staring into her phone, but Harry, he was staring at her. "I don't.. actually no. What happened?" He asked. "What do you mean?" She looked back up with a confused expression on her face. "What happened between us.. I mean?" Harry was talking about how the two were inseparable as children. "We grew up. People change" she replied looking slightly upset at the thought that Harry had been her bestfriend and long time crush for years and now. They were strangers.

"So you're just gonna forget about last year?" He scoffed and avoided eye contact with the girl. "Harry, we agreed not to talk about this" she said grabbing her bag getting ready to leave. "Wait" Harry grabbed her arm and she closed her eyes bracing herself for what the fluffy haired brunette had to say. "Please come" he said looking more upset. She turned around and patted his shoulder before walking towards the exit, leaving Harry stood there. Confused as to what went through his head during that entire interaction.