Chapter 28: All In

Start from the beginning

"So you plan on staying for the long haul?"

"Yes." He didn't hesitate in his answer. "When you told me she was hurt, I can't explain how..."

Keith could see his muscles tense not being able to explain his feelings but they were written in his body language as clear as day. He leaned back in the chair slouching, "You plan on moving here?"

Jackson's head snapped up at the question. He didn't even think about that. Keith narrowed his eyes at him. 

"Do you plan on trying to uproot her? To take her away from her home, and her job?"

"Of course not!" Jackson said offensively. "Her heart is here."

"Then that means if you want to make what ever this is work with my sister that you will be the one making the change."

Keith stood up letting his words soak in as he left Jackson on the couch. Keith glanced out back to find the girls sitting beside each other while talking. He put back on his cowboy hat and walked out. 

Jackson sat back for a moment thinking about his life and Natalia. His job, his house, and the remaining of his family lived in California. He had know clue how to make this work, he just knew he had to. He wasn't willing to give up Natalia. Leaving his thoughts for later, he got up walking towards the back porch. 

He walked out to find Cassie singing her knew song while his dark hair beauty just listens bobbing her head along. He went and sat down beside her wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Her body instantly curling towards him. Kissing her head, he relished in how she felt and let it sooth his racing mind. 

Cassie smiled watching as Nat closed her eyes in bliss leaning against Jackson. She was happy for her best friend. She can't remember ever seeing Nat this comfortable with a man before. She finished the song making Nat open her eyes with a wide smile. 

"Cass, that is such a good song."

"Thanks Nat" 

Nat cleared her throat sitting up some. Her foot beginning to ache again. Jackson is quick to turn her so her leg can rest across his lap. Nat blushes at his action while Cass just laughs gently shaking her head before setting her guitar down.

"Now" Nat says clearing her throat as she turns her attention to Cass. "We have matters to discuss."

"You mean the fact that you can't take care of yourself" Nat narrows her eyes at her best friend. Cass raises her hands in surrender with a grin. 

"I was thinking about more like you staying here"

"Oh?" Cass says raising a brow. "Are you getting tired of me already?"

"No but I do think you need your own space."

Cass furrows her brows looking to Jackson for help but he looks just as confused. "Nat, what do you-"

"I want you to stay here... permanently Cass."

Cass' eyes widen at her statement not expecting that. Nat waits patiently for it to soak in. "And Keith agrees with me."

Cass can't help but feel her cheeks warm as she bites her lip looking down to hide the smile threatening to overtake her face. She looks back up at her friend to see the most sincere smile. "Nat, what about my house? I don't even know if my label would let me."

Nat reached over taking her hand into her own, "Cass, do you want to stay?"

Cass bit her lip again and nodded, "Yes, your my family."

"Then will figure it out."

Jackson leaned forward kissing Nat's cheek making her blush again but turn to him. His eyes locked with hers as he says, "we will figure it out."