Ready to run

They were on their tour bus again, heading for another tour. They were all grateful for this chance but they were also really tired. They had been working nonstop for the last three years and this year, and this tour wouldn't be any different. It would actually be even more crazy and hectic. Their label had just told them that they had to write and record a new album while on tour. How would they even do that? When would they sleep?

It wasn't like they had any saying in the matter. Their label and management said jump and they asked how high? All because of that stupid contract they all signed.

Worst of all was that he and Harry had signed away their freedom. They couldn't come out as a couple and it was hard on both of them and their relationship. They were getting used to it but sometimes Louis just wanted to take Harry's hand and run away from it all, but he couldn't do that. He couldn't let the guys down. He couldn't let their fans down. He was stuck.

A new song was starting to form in his head and he got his notebook out. He bit the tip of the pen and raised his legs and rested his feet on the table in front of him and put the notebook on his legs so he could write. He started with the title. Ready To Run. Suitable.

There's a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
Then there's me inside a sinking boat, running out of time
Without you I'll never make it out alive
But I know, yes I know we'll be alright

There's a devil in your smile that's chasing me
And every time I turn around it's only gaining speed
There's a moment when you finally realize
There's no way you can change the rolling tide
But I know, yes I know that I'll be fine

He read it through. Yeah, that could work. Now he needed a chorus. He put the pen against the paper and started to write again.

This time I'm ready to run
Escape from the city and follow the sun
'Cause I wanna be yours
'Cause you wanna be mine
I don't wanna get lost in the dark of the night
This time I'm ready to run
Wherever you are is the place I belong
'Cause I wanna be free
And I wanna be young
I'll never look back now I'm ready to run
I'm ready to run

Liam came and sat down next to him and glanced at the paper.
"Are you writing a new song?"

"Yeah, I have some things I need to get off my chest." Louis smirked.

He started on the second verse while Liam hummed quietly bedside him, trying to come up with a melody. That was why they were a great writing team. Liam was all about the melody while Louis was more about the lyrics. He scribbled down a second verse.

There's a future in my life I can't foresee
Unless of course I stay on course
And keep you next to me

There will always be the kind that criticize
But I know, yes I know we'll be alright

Liam started to sing the chorus softly.

This time I'm ready to run
Escape from the city and follow the sun
'Cause I wanna be yours
'Cause you wanna be mine
I don't wanna get lost in the dark of the night
This time I'm ready to run
Wherever you are is the place I belong
'Cause I wanna be free
And I wanna be young
I'll never look back now I'm ready to run

Louis smiled at him.
"That's great Liam!"

"Yeah?" Liam picked up a recording device and sang into it so they would remember the melody. "Change the last chorus a little?" He then asked.

"Yeah, how." Louis sighed.

Liam thought it over for a second before he started to sing again.

This time I'm ready to run
I'll give everything that I got for your love

This time I'm ready to run
Escape from the city and follow the sun

"Yeah, yeah." Louis said excitedly and wrote as fast as he could.

They sang the rest of the chorus together this time.

'Cause I wanna be yours
'Cause you wanna be mine
I don't wanna get lost in the dark of the night
This time I'm ready to run
Wherever you are is the place I belong
'Cause I wanna be free
And I wanna be young
I'll never look back now I'm ready to run

Harry, Zayn, and Niall came into the kitchen area when they heard the singing.
"That sounded great guys!" Niall smiled.

Harry walked right over to Louis and sat down in his lap after Louis hurried to put his legs down. Harry cradled his cheeks.
"I love you so much."

He leaned in to kiss him and Louis wrapped his arms around him. Harry broke the kiss after a while and rested his head against Louis' shoulder and tried to make himself smaller so he would fit in Louis' embrace.
"I also wanna run away with you sometimes even if I wouldn't. I know how you feel love." He said quietly.

"I think we all want to run sometimes. They put so much pressure on us even if you two have to fight the hardest." Zayn sighed.

"Let's just enjoy this tour guys. We're privileged, remember that." Niall tried to encourage.

"Yeah, we just had bad luck with our label and management." Liam muttered.