Chapter Five

Sehun finished eating his dinner and he waited for his mother to finish, mainly waiting so that he could help with loading and starting the dishwasher. He always helped when it came to the dishwasher because well, it was mainly to help his mother out since she had been a single mother ever since Sehun was born. So, that was enough to make him help his mother out. He patiently waited for his mother to finish what he was eating, which was after only a minute or two and after that minute or two, Sehun and his mother began to load the dishwasher with the plates, bowls and utensils that were dirty. Because the two of them were loading the dishwasher, it was much faster than if only the one of them was doing it. Sehun was the one to put the capsule into where it was supposed to go and put the dishwasher on the setting that his mother usually put it on, closing it afterwards. He waited for a brief moment before the dishwasher started.

"Thanks for helping," Mrs Oh thanked, "Continue packing your bag for tomorrow. There might be somethings that you have forgotten to pack, so it is best to check now rather than forget when it's too late."

"I was gonna do that anyway," Sehun responded, with a little smile on his face. He made his way back up to his room, practically almost running to his room and because of that, he had made it to his room within a matter of seconds. He checked his bag so that he could see what he had already packed and to see what he had forgotten to pack. So far, he had packed clothes, pyjamas, Cluedo and shoes. Of course there was still the Nintendo switch to pack but he was still waiting for it to fully charge first. He then looked over at the sketchpad and the coloured pencils that he was using that were still on his bed. He thought for a moment before deciding that he was going to pack it in his bag now and that he would continue to colour it in the next day as he might have more time, though that depended on how much homework he got the next day. It also depended on if he was allowed to do some on the way to school and on the way to Minseok's place. So, Sehun packed up the coloured pencils that he intended on using back into the pencil case that they were original in and placed both the pencil case and the sketchbook into the bag. He looked around his room, making sure that he truly did pack everything that he needed to pack. There was nothing that he could think of that he could pack, so he zipped up his bag and left it by the door frame of his room so then it would be easier to remember when he woke up the next morning.

After that, he had a quick shower because he realised that he hadn't had one yet. He picked out a random pair of pyjamas and got a towel from the laundry room before making his way to the bathroom, which was down the hall from his room. He walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind him, locking it as soon as he closed it because he didn't want his mother walking in on him. He took off what he was currently wearing and put those clothes in the basket before getting into the shower. He turned the tap and immediately was sprayed with water that wasn't warm but wasn't necessarily cold either. He turned the tap over slightly towards hot, but only so slightly because he only wanted the water to be warm and not too hot because if it was too hot, his skin would end up looking like he got sunburnt. So, he always went with warm water instead of hot or cold water. Sehun thoroughly washed himself and made sure that his hair had been thoroughly washed, not leaving behind any shampoo or conditioner.

When he was finished, he turned the tap so that the water wasn't running anymore and stepped out of the shower, immediately wrapping the towel around his waist. Even though he wasn't going to leave the bathroom just yet, he wanted to wrap the towel around his waist because ... well, if anything it was more of a habit that he hadn't gotten out of. He stood in the middle of the bathroom, allowing himself to drip dry which was going to take a while and he knew that it would. The only noises that he could hear around him was the tv in the lounge room which meant his mother was watching it and the occasional car passing by. There were also dogs barking but that wasn't as common as cars driving past. He stood in the bathroom, allowing himself to drip dry for roughly ten or so minutes before he unwrapped the towel around his waist and dried himself off because he knew that he wouldn't be fully dry yet. From head to toe, he dried himself off, though he couldn't completely dry his hair and he had to leave it damp. Once he dried himself off, he put the towel into the basket that his clothes were in and put his pyjamas on. His pyjamas was just a plain black shirt and a plaid pyjama pants, so he got them on with a matter of seconds. He walked out of the bathroom afterwards and made his way back to his room, though he didn't know what he was going to do.

Not that there wasn't anything to do as there were things to do, he just didn't know what to do in the current moment. He could call or maybe even facetime Minseok, but it depended if his friend was having dinner or doing something else. It was worth a shot. Sehun picked up his phone which he had left on the bed and typed in his password, instantly looking for Minseok's contact though it wasn't that hard since Sehun had very few contacts in his phone. He pressed on his friend's number and the usual ringtone for facetime rang, it ringing a couple of times before the older male answered the facetime call.

"Hi!" Minseok greeted excitedly. He was laying on his bed and from the look of it, he wasn't doing anything at the current moment.

"Hi!" Sehun greeted back as equally excitedly, "I'm bored."

"Oh my god," the older male responded, "I never thought I would hear you say that ever. I thought you would still be doing the art that you were doing earlier."

"I was planning to do as much as as I could now," Sehun replied, "But, I then thought that I might have more time tomorrow to do it, considering that we don't have classes tomorrow. The only thing that is possibly going to get in the way is the multiple workshops that we'll be doing. But, we'll see how that goes."

"I'm sure you'll be able to do so," Minseok stated, "I think we have a few minutes in between workshops, so you might be able to work on your art during those few minutes." Their conversation switched from one topic to another topic, but that was normal for them to do with every conversation that they ever had. Every single conversation that the two of them ever had always changed from one topic to another every so often. The topic always changed because there would be one sentence that would lead to another conversation about whatever the topic switched to. Regardless though, their conversations were always fun, sometimes serious but it wasn't that common and occasionally their conversations turned into a laughing fit. Like their current conversation, it had turned into a laughing fit because of a joke that Minseok had made. They had been laughing for roughly two minutes and the laughing fit had caused Mrs Oh to come up and check what was happening.

"What's going on here?" she asked.

"Minseok made a funny joke," Sehun answered, still laughing a little bit. Hearing her son laugh made Mrs Oh laugh. It was just something that happened.