Chapter 24

HOMECOMING DANCE - SATURDAY NIGHT

"Wow.. you look... I mean wow." Jordan says, stunned.

"You don't look so bad yourself," Violet says, walking down the stairs.

"I don't know how you do it in the Outer Banks, but in LA, we usually do this." Jordan says, pulling out a box with a corsage and boutonniere inside.

"I know what a corsage is." Violet laughs.

"You don't have to wear it if you don't want to, I just thought..." Jordan says.

"It's cute." She says, looking at it.

"You like it?" He asks, surprised. He didn't think she would like it. She nodded and he opened the box, taking out the corsage and putting it on her wrist. When he was finished she took the boutonniere and pinned it on him.

Homecoming at the academy was formal, unlike the Pogues' school, which was more relaxed. The academy had a lot of chaperones, but there was always a way to have some fun.

INSTAGRAM

Location: Kildare Academy

Tagged: JordanTanner

Liked by JordanTanner, MagnoliaAnne and 213 others

VForVioletta: Not too bad for a guy from LA 🥰

JordanTanner: uh-huh

MagnoliaAnne: The cutesttttt!

THE DANCE

"Oh my god you guys look so cute!!" Magnolia yells, excited to see Violet. They were with the whole friend group, but there was no sign of Rafe yet.

"Okay, homecoming queen." Violet says to Magnolia, who was on the Homecoming Court.

"I haven't won! Don't jinx it!" Magnolia says.

"You're gonna win." Kelce says, kissing her on the cheek.

"Has anyone spiked the punch bowl yet?" Topper asks, moody.

"Drinking the Kool-Aid already?" Violet asks, Topper was in a bad mood for some reason, but when wasn't he in a bad mood?

"Should've pregamed." Violet continues.

"Did you?" Topper asks.

"No." Violet says, shaking her head.

"Rafe got us the goods." Kelce says, pulling a bag out from his pocket. There were pills inside and they passed the bag around, each of them taking a pill. When it was Violet's turn, she hesitated for a moment before passing the bag on, not taking any of the pills. Jordan didn't take one either, but Topper did.