Chapter 7

ONE DAY AGO

THE PARTY

"Shit! What time is it?" Violet says, jolting awake. She had hooked up with Jordan after a couple rounds of beer pong. She wanted to forget about Rafe and JJ and the whole drama of the summer.

"2?" Jordan asks, looking at the clock beside the nightstand.

"Shit! I have practice at 6!." Violet says, rushing to put back on her shorts.

"Catch." Jordan says, throwing her tank top back at her.

"Nice throw." Violet says, catching it.

"I'm a quarterback, you know." Jordan says.

"I have no idea what that means." Violet says.

"It's a football thing. So.... I'll see you at school?" Jordan asks.

"Uhhh... yeah." Violet responds awkwardly as she opened the door.

"I had a good time!" Jordan says out loud before she slammed the door closed.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." Violet says, walking around trying to find Topper. He was her ride home.

"V!" A girl calls out. Violet turned around to see Magnolia.

"Hey! Have you seen my brother?" Violet asks, out of breath from running around to find Topper.

"Uh yeah..  I was uhm.. I think I saw him five minutes ago.." Lia says, running a hand through her hair, which was pretty messy.

"You didn't.." Violet says, thinking Topper and Lia hooked up.

"No! Uh.. it was someone else." Lia says.

"Oh. Okay." Violet nods.

"It was Kelce." Lia says, looking away.

"Really?" Violet asks.

"I needed to get over Top." Lia says. Topper didn't want Lia, he was only focused on Sarah who was presumed dead.

"Don't worry. I did the same thing." Violet sighs.

"Who?" Lia asks, curious.

"Jordan." Violet admits.

"New kid huh?" Lia says, smiling.

"Yeah." Violet says.

THE NEXT DAY - KOOK ACADEMY FOOTBALL FIELD

MORNING PRACTICE

"Come on, we don't have all day." The coach says, seeing Violet running in late.

"Sorry!" Violet says, joining the girls for the warm up stretches.

"Coach made me throw the coffee away." Lia whispers as they were stretching.

The football boys were running around the stadium for warm ups. Topper, Kelce and Jordan included.

END OF PRACTICE

"Good practice girls. Tomorrow's practice starts after school from 5-7. I have copies of the calendar for you" The coach says, giving them to Violet, Lia and the other two alternates.

"Bring it in ladies." The captain says.

"Lady Stallions on three!" The captain announces.

"1.. 2.. 3.." The Team says.

"LADY STALLIONS!" They all cheered.

They all went back inside the locker room to change out of their practice clothes and to change for the school assembly on the first day of school.