Chapter 69 ~ Pass or Fail: CPS Investigation

Depuis le début

"I'm glad to hear that. I also knew someone with a quirk that caused them to receive similar treatment. He ended up committing suicide because of how alone he felt." (Not Naruto. FYI although Kurama has been... not that we will meet him... but yeah! Uh hints to the future/past... you're welcome? I think? Plannnnzzzz)

"I have lost too many students and alumni to that." Aizawa sympathized. Both of the men getting a far away look in their eyes.

"How often do you both spend time with them since you both work at least two jobs?" Hatake asked, and Aizawa crossed his legs.

"We both work at UA so we take them to and from school to start with. I work as a hero at night, but I had taken at least two weeks off to help them get comfortable living here. I then was injured protecting my students and I can go back to work tomorrow. Yamada only has work on Fridays, and I can easily request to not work those nights. Yamada is determined to have at least one family activity per week so the siblings can have the experiences they didn't have and also to bond, that is of course if we are approved to adopt them." Aizawa listed off.

"Do you and your husband have any marital issues?"

Aizawa shook his head, "The only thing we really disagree on is the small stuff. If we do by chance get into a fight, we make sure to cool off before either of us say something we'll regret."

"Ok, how are decisions reached and what activities do you do together?"

"Depending on how important it is, we will usually just talk about it and if we have to, analyze the pros and cons. We like to spend a lot of time together in the house, I am not one for large social gatherings. Other than that, if an opportunity comes up to get out, we usually take it."

"What was your childhood like and how do you think it shaped you?" Hatake inquired, reading from his folder.

Aizawa's face turned shadowed, "I didn't have the best childhood. My parents were neglectful and abusive, but the Yamada's found out and I was their foster child starting at the end of my first year in highschool. I think it made me more aware of the darker side of the world and it certainly makes me want to watch the problem children and have them be somewhere I know they will be safe with a family."

Hatake nodded and clicked his ballpoint pen, retracting the tip, and pulled out the book he had earlier.

"That will be all. Will you send Yamada out now?" Hatake queried and Aizawa nodded in response, anxiety causing him to almost walk into the sliding glass door.

Aizawa walked into the house grumbling, shuffling back into the living room.

~~~

Yamada fiddled nervously with his hair as Hatake stared at him from across the table.

"Why do you want to adopt the three siblings?" Hatake finally asked.

Yamada perked up at the easy question, "I want to be able to give them the best life they can possibly have!"

"And you think your house is the best place for that, with two jobs and one of them is being a pro hero I might add?" Hatake yawned, side eyeing his book that was placed carefully beside him.

Yamada's expression faltered, "Well, we both have been making sure that we give the kids priority while also completing our other duties. We also get to spend a surprising amount of time together, especially since we all commute to the same school! And because of our jobs, we can afford anything that they may need care wise as well as education, hobbies, fun days, anything that is within reason! I just want them to be happy. They really deserve it." Yamada paused, "If they didn't want to stay here, we wouldn't have tried to adopt them. We would have done everything we could to find them a fit. However, they agreed and were even excited at the prospect. I think they just want what they desperately need, a family that cares for them." Yamada finished as Hatake just stared at him.