akaashi keiji | ☁

prompt: with a pandemic, y/n has to make due with her equally busy husband and loud toddler.
category: fluff
character: agGhHHaaasHiIiii
word count: 1916
💫

"SO, WHAT DOES THE CEREBELLUM DO?" Y/n asked the class, one hand in her lap to pet the cat that rested on it as the other maneuvered the mouse, making sure that she was screen-sharing properly. One of her students murmured an answer, a bright smile shaping her lips. "Good, Akiko! You got it right!" She cheered.

She watched as the girl went mute again, the class continuing with a few questions here and there. Y/n smiled, "Okay, there are some multiple choice questions to answer on the classroom board. We'll go over them in ten minutes." She clicked away from her zoom call, switching to some grading tabs so she could add in participation grades.

A squeak resounded in the room, a little kid toddling in. She had bright e/c eyes and curly black hair that took after her father, a big smile on her face as she raced towards her mother. "Mama!" She shouted, catching Y/n and many of her students off-guard. Y/n blinked, looking over at her child. "Baby, you can't be in here," She said in a hushed voice.

"Mama," The four-year-old whined, Hana's eyes glazing over with tears. Y/n sighed, quickly muting herself before she moved off-camera. She hugged her little girl, gently kissing her forehead after. The mom looked up, seeing her husband crouched near the doorframe. "C'mon, Hana. Your mother's a bit busy."

Hana pouted, puckering her little lips as she looked back and forth between her mother and her father. "Hana, you can play with Paris in here." Akaashi scooped up the gray Maine Coon. The toddler seemed to perk up at the mention of their cat, quickly hobbling over to her father. Akaashi shot his wife an apologetic smile, closing the door.

Y/n let out a sigh, returning to her laptop as she unmuted. "Sorry guys. My daughter came in for a bit," Some students unmuted, reassuring her. Y/n rolled her shoulders back, "Okay, so are we ready to go over the answers?" Most of her students answered in the chat with a "yes", seeing that they were fairly easy questions.

"For number two, you should've gotten—"

"—Mommy?"

Y/n looked up, meeting the tear-filled eyes of her toddler. "Oh no, baby," Y/n frowned, quickly before turning to her daughter that toddled towards her, completely unaware that her camera and microphone were still on. "Paris hurt me." Hana showed off the small wound near her elbow, tears pouring down her cheeks.

"Keiji, can you get a bandaid?!" Y/n yelled.

"Give me a minute," He said, soon returning with a pink band-aid with a little Hello Kitty icon.

The band-aid was quickly wrapped onto the little girl's scratch. "Okay, now we have to stop bothering Mommy, Hana. She has work to do." Akaashi showed up in the camera of her computer for just a bit as he knelt down to kiss the top of his daughter's head, scooping her up swiftly before heading out the door.

Once again, the door shut with a click.

"L/n-sensei!" Y/n grew flustered, realizing that her camera and mic had been on the whole time as she slowly turned to look over at her laptop. She blinked, "Yes? What is it, Haruhi?" The girl smiled sweetly in response to her teacher calling her name. "Was that your husband, L/n-sensei?"

Y/n nodded, her cheeks warming as she realized that her husband had quickly caught the attention of her students. She looked towards the camera shyly as Haruhi spoke up once more. "Wow! Your husband is so handsome, L/n-sensei!" As if they suddenly gained confidence from one girl speaking up, the other female students started agreeing too.

However, the boys kept their mics muted, probably just sitting there on their phones as the schoolgirls had an outburst. "Yes, I'm well aware, but let's keep this lesson on the topic of psychology." Y/n reminded smoothly, sliding a bang back behind her ear as Haruhi grew flustered, quickly muting.

The other girls followed suit as Y/n returned to the lesson, clicking on the slides again as they finished reviewing the rest of the answers. "Alright, any questions?" The h/c haired woman sat back, letting out a tired sigh as the bones in her body cracked from her sudden movement. Her e/c eyes darted to the clock on the wall to the right of her, a small sigh leaving her lips.

One boy unmuted, "Excuse me, L/n-sensei?"

"Yes, Kaida?"

"Can we go over the amygdala again?"

"Yes, of course."

Y/n smiled, switching slides as she verbally explained it, using her mouse to hover over the parts she was talking about. "So, did that help?" Kaida unmuted briefly, responding quickly. "Yes, thank you." Y/n nodded again, pausing to see if there were any more questions. Luckily, there weren't anymore so she quickly bid her students goodbye, ending the call after reminding them of their homework.

Rolling her shoulders back, she stood up with a yawn, traipsing over to the door before nearly tripping over her daughter. Hana sat right outside the door, a ball of yarn in between her and Paris as the cat watched her with dilated pupils. "Ah—" Y/n let out a little yelp, stumbling back. Akaashi turned, chuckling softly. "She insisted on waiting right there."

"Are you finally done with work, Mama?" Hana looked up at her expectantly as Y/n let out a tired sigh, picking up the little girl. "Yup, all done, baby." She kissed her cheek briefly, making Hana giggle and squeal. Paris padded away at the noise, hopping on the counter to receive affection from Akaashi instead.

"That tickles, Mama!" Hana was slowly lowered to the floor, the little girl picking up the ball of yarn before scampering over to the living room. Paris followed her again, leaping off the counter to trail after the energetic four-year-old. "Thank you for keeping the little monsters at bay," Y/n joked, traipsing over to her husband.

He was swift to wrap his arms around her, kissing her gently as he let go of the spoon that sat in the pot he was stirring. "No problem, love." Akaashi chuckled softly, cupping her cheek. "How was work?" Y/n shrugged, a tired look in her eyes as she averted her e/c orbs. "Like work," He rolled his eyes at her answer, letting go of her as she giggled.

"Okay, well go wash up. Dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes."

Y/n hummed, kissing her husband's cheek before leaving to go shower.