iwaizumi hajime | ⛈

prompt: after delving so deep into a sweet illusion, y/n is forced to come to terms with reality.
category: angst
character: iwa-chan!
word count: 939
art by: @loputyn on instagram
💫

SHE LAUGHED, her neck brushing against the earbud cord as they snaked into her right ear, dipping behind her to lead to its end in Hajime's left ear. His fingers traced against her abdomen again, eliciting more giggles from here. Even Iwaizumi smiled slightly, turning his attention to the mirror.

With the mirror, he could see her pretty self. The two had practically rolled out of bed this morning, both too tired and clingy to get up and make themselves breakfast. However, Y/n had enough energy to grab her phone and earbuds, playing soft music as they laid perpendicular to their floor length mirror.

Clad in a lacy bra and panties, Y/n cuddled further into her boyfriend. Despite the sexual appeal of her undergarments, Hajime was hardly bothered, more focused on enjoying the moment rather than the whole potential morning sex part. "Are you really that ticklish?" He finally spoke up, his finger sliding against the skin of her waist.

Y/n pinked, closing her eyes in bliss. "No," She denied, knowing that he would just press her harder to prove his point. Just as she guessed, a small chuckle left his lips before he moved his fingers forward, cupping the skin underneath her breast as his arm slung over her waist, pressing against her abdomen.

"We both know that's a damn lie."

The girl hummed, relaxing into him. She could feel his fingers occasionally draw patterns into her skin, his calloused hands drawing circles, hiragana, and little hearts. "Yes, but it's fun to not admit what you want me to admit sometimes." She smiled devilishly, looking over her shoulder. His eyes softened as he chuckled.

"Your definition of fun is different from mine, my dear." Iwaizumi wasted no time, pressing his lips against hers briefly before she pulled away, her gaze landing on the mirror again. His hands continued to trace her soft s/c skin, drawing sparks and eliciting warmth as she relaxed further into his touch.

Y/n stuck her tongue out, knowing full well that he was staring back at her. "Oh yeah, and what's your definition of fun?" Her question came out soft, ringing in the air briefly as she laid there. Silence. All that was left was the quiet tune of the music pumping from her earbuds, filling in the space where she expected a response.

"Hajime?"

Still, nothing.

She sat up quickly, her skin clashing against the cold air as she looked around. Her phone hit the floor, clattering as tears welled up in her eyes. There was no one behind her. His warmth, his presence, his touch; it was all gone. Her eyes glazed over, pupils darting to the doorknob that had just began to shake.

Finally, the door swung open, revealing the concerned expression of her boyfriend's best friend, Oikawa Tooru. He ignored the fact that she was in nothing but undergarments, painfully frowning at her. "Y/n," He spoke softly, his tone gentle as his brows furrowed at her. He was met with hiccups.

"W-Where's Hajime?"

By now, Tooru had grown used to it. Checking on the girl every other day had led to the same spine-shivering question: where was Iwaizumi Hajime? Oikawa bit the inside of his cheek, brushing away the nauseating feeling that rocked his stomach. "Y/n, Hajime's dead." He said as curtly as he could, struggling.

"He's not, he was right—"

Her words fell flat, her eyes frantically gazing around the room. Alas, there was nothing but pure mess: a few dirty plates, open chip bags, and dirtied clothes that were pushed into the corner. The only thing that was left clean was Iwaizumi's favorite hoodie, one that she swore not to touch in fear that it'd lose his scent.

"Y/n, you need to eat something. C-Can you remember the last time you ate?"

Even Oikawa's voice shook, his brown eyes landing on the hoodie she was gazing at earlier. "No." The girl shook her head meekly, tears streaming down her cheeks at the realization. Her heart thudded in her chest, watching as Oikawa offered a hand to help her up. She quickly stumbled up, grabbing it.

Now that everything was flooding back, she wanted to leave the room more than anything. His scent, his clothes, his clutter; they were all here. They were all in this very room. Tooru would be lying if he said he wanted to stay in the room too. Seeing the hoodie was more than enough to tear his heart into pieces.

"C'mon, we're going to get you something to eat."

"And then what?"

Oikawa's lips pursed at the question, the two finally making it to the hallway. However, with an easy peek over her shoulder, he could still see into the room.
"Hajime's gone. What do I do then?" Tooru licked his lips contemplatively as he cleared his throat, eyes darting anywhere but her.

"We're going to get you some therapy. And then. . . we'll see from there." A bitter smile shaped his lips and she just nodded, unsure of how to respond. Unlike her, Oikawa had hope for the future. It felt like he'd lost everything too, but he knew full well Iwaizumi's ghost was smacking them up the head for being so negative.

Iwaizumi would want the best for them.

And soon enough, Oikawa would find a way to instill that same knowledge in her too. However long it took.