iwaizumi hajime | ☁

prompt: iwaizumi is a little too keen for his girlfriend to notice.
category: fluff
character: iwa-chan!
word count: 1413
song: cloud 9 by beach bunny
💫

I don't wanna seem the way I do
But I'm confident when I'm with you
Lately, all I feel is bad and bruised
Tired of tripping on my shoes

SHE SIGHED FOR THE umpteenth time, her hand manuevering to type and then delete a sentence of her essay. It had been like this for a solid two hours now, the assignment itching at her brain so much to the point that she doubted her own writing. Her boyfriend, who was caught up playing a game on his phone, glanced up at the sound of her frustration.

"What part are you on now?" Hajime asked, olive green eyes boring into her figure. Y/n chewed on her bottom lip, brows furrowed as she glared at the blaring laptop screen. "The second body paragraph," She answered, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Iwaizumi gazed at her some more, his girlfriend oblivious to his stare.

He let out a breath, "Alright, that's it." Y/n glanced up at his sudden outburst, cocking a brow in his direction as she tilted her head. "Go shower and get dressed, I'll be outside of your apartment complex in thirty minutes." The college boy tutted, already beginning to get out of his desk chair before stretching.

Y/n's heart softened at the gesture before her eyes hardened out of sheer determination. "But this essay—"

"—can wait. I know you don't like overworking yourself and I don't like watching you overwork yourself. So, go get showered and get dressed. . . something casual, probably." Iwaizumi advised. Her heart fluttered in her chest, quickly telling him goodbye before rushing to the bathroom, beyond excited.

But when he loves me, I feel like I'm floating
When he calls me pretty, I feel like somebody
Even when we fade eventually to nothing
You will always be my favorite form of loving

Iwaizumi walked beside her, the two heading down the street together. "We can pick up some ice cream and head back to your place to watch a movie," Hajime offered, hands still shoved in his pockets. His girlfriend beside him did the same, stuffing her hands into the pocket of her soft yellow hoodie.

"Ironically, I don't want to stay in today. It'll only remind me of the essay I have to do." She scrunched her nose distastefully in response and he nodded, continuing to walk alongside her until they came upon a convenience store. "Some snacks and then the park?" He considered instead and she quickly nodded, already craving some f/f chips.

They got what they wanted and he paid for it (much to her dismay). "I could've at least covered some of it," Y/n mumbled, shoving a chip into her mouth. Hajime smirked at her, "I asked you out on a date, so it's only fair I pay. If you invite me next time, you can pay all you want, sweetheart." He said, stealing a chip from her as he grinned.

Y/n grew flustered at the pet name, but didn't argue anymore, grumbling as she chewed.

When I start to tumble from the sky
You remind me how to fly
Lately, I've been feeling not alive
But you bring me back to life

She leaned against him on the park bench, head resting on his shoulder. Iwaizumi had stopped snacking a few minutes ago, but Y/n still felt like eating. He didn't complain as long as she didn't stain his clothes in the process. "Ah, that feels weird," He remarked, shifting his shoulder at the feeling of her cheek squishing against it as she chewed.

Y/n swallowed the chips, humming apologetically only to nuzzle her nose into his shoulder. "Thank you for taking me out today," Hajime nodded, using the arm wrapped around her to pull her closer. The grocery bag in between them scrunched at the movement, but neither of them cared, basking in the warmth of one another.

"You'll just stress yourself out more and I don't want to see you do that," He explained, kissing her forehead briefly. "Next time your classes are stressful or get to your head like that, call me, alright? Or plan something and text me about it. I don't want you to get burntout." Hajime affectionately tapped her nose, making her giggle at the sensation.

"Okay, okay."

But when he loves me, I feel like I'm floating
When he calls me pretty, I feel like somebody
Even when we fade eventually to nothing
You will always be my favorite form of loving

Hajime blinked, glancing at his girlfriend when she pulled out her phone. "What are you doing?" He said, brows furrowed. They had been sitting in silence for a while now, so it was weird for her to suddenly do something like that out of the blue. Y/n sighed, "My roommate is calling me, give me a second."

He watched her pace back and forth for a second, running her hands through her hair in a stressed manner before releasing a bitter sigh and ending the call. "What's wrong?" There was a stern frown on her lips and she seemed beyond upset. "My roommate can't pay their half of the rent; it's been like this for two months."

The dam demolished and a roll of rambles spilled from her lips, starting from how her roommate rarely cleaned up after themselves, always promised to go grocery shopping and never did, and now this. Y/n knew damn well her roommate worked, so why was it so difficult for her to pay her half of the rent?

He stood up, setting his hands on her arms to stabilize her. "Hey, hey," He muttered, hating how Y/n had been building up this stress for months now and he knew nothing of it. "Calm down, beautiful. Since your roommate's such an asshat, why don't you just move in with me?" Hajime tilted his head at her, making her eyes widen.

"But you live farther from my campus—"

"—well, we can always combine our savings. After that, we can go apartment hunting and I can get rid of my old place and use that money to get better furniture or other things we need."

Y/n looked at him, jaw agape. "Are we really doing this?"

"Only if you want to, princess."

But when he loves me, I feel like I'm floating
When he calls me pretty, I feel like somebody
Even when we fade eventually to nothing
You will always be my favorite form of loving

Y/n had opted to stay at Hajime's for the night after picking up her laptop and bare necessities. She figured that she should move in sometime this week and pick up the rest of her stuff tomorrow. After that, she could look for apartments close to their campuses together. "Hey, babe. How about this one?"

Y/n walked out of the shower, still drying her hair as she glanced at Hajime. His laptop was on his lap, the bright screen displaying a nice looking apartment. It was a bit pricey in comparison to what their range was, but their savings could definitely pay off for it. "That one looks good, but isn't it. . . expensive?" She mumbled, tilting her head.

Hajime shrugged, "I mean, it is, but we won't have to worry about mold or creaky floor boards since it's only a few years old. There's no long-term damage to it for us to pay off which is why it's so expensive, but I'd say it's worth it." Y/n stared at him in awe. Has this been on his mind a lot? He found a good apartment so quick. . .

"Have you been thinking about this for a while?" She blurted out, finally throwing the towel into the hamper as she glanced at him. Iwaizumi smiled sheepishly, running his tongue over his lips. "It's been on my mind for a while, but this isn't exactly how I pictured I would get you on board." Y/n's lips turned upwards into a smile, "I love you, Hajime."

"I love you too, Y/n. Anyway, you should get started on that essay, right? You only have a few hours." He tutted, raising an eyebrow at her teasingly. A gasp left her lips and she rushed to her own device, flipping it open only to see the assignment already turned in. She whirled around to stare at her boyfriend, "Ah, you asshole! You had me panicked for no reason!"

"Love you too, princess."