1. The Boy Down the Street

I pry the window open and cautiously step out onto the ledge. Remind me why I'm doing this again?! Oh right because my friend invited me to the boy down the streets house in the middle of the night, and hey I'm not going to avoid the opportunity of escaping my home for the night, because it is basically like prison.

This was probably not the best idea as I am afraid of heights, yet I'm standing on the ledge of my bedroom window on the second storey of my house. Genius Madi, really! The wind is blowing and my bare legs are beginning to freeze, not exactly helpful. I look to my right and the tree seems further away then usual, just great, way to ruin my plan of an amazing getaway.

I get this James Bond kind of feeling and reach out to grab the branch that seems somewhat stable. I don't weigh that much so it shouldn't snap so that I fall to my death. Definitely should've worn something more appealing when the ambulance come to take my body away, but instead I decided on shorts and a baggy tee-shirt because why not? I prefer the comfy option over the look which is probably why I get no attention from the opposite sex whatsoever.

Nope can't do this, I call Kyle and inform him that I'd rather not die, and will have to miss out on his friends little midnight house gath.

"C'mon Mads it'll be fun," he says and you can practically here him smirking over the phone.

"There is nothing fun about falling to my death trying to sneak out of my bedroom window!"

"Man up and get over here, stop being a wimp." Why I listen to this boy, I will never know. I guess we have been best friends since basically forever, and apparently I owe him one since I made him play dress ups with me when we were 5 and the photos were shown on a big screen for his 17th birthday, but I have to admit he was a pretty cute girl.

I carefully wrap my legs around the tree branch and slowly pull myself on top of it and slide down making as less noise as possible. Basically if I'm caught, I'm dead. Perks of having strict parents, yay for me.. But hey what the don't know will never hurt them, right?

I'm about to jump over the fence when the sensor lights turn on. Far out, tell me why we need these again? Oh right, 'Madison the world outside the house can be very dangerous and we have to take precautions on making sure this house is the safest place, so you don't have to leave'. So technically my mum has just told me that the house is as secure as a prison and there is no way to get in or out, well there goes my social life. Not like it was anything interesting but still..

The lights in the lounge room turn on and I immediately tense up and freeze. The front door opens and that's when I am brought to my senses and quickly jump over the fence and instead of landing quietly on the ground like a normal person, I fall and scrape my stomach on the twigs of a bush.

"Hunny, what was that?" I can hear my mums curious voice as she walks closer to where I am. Crap, I need to move away quickly. The only safe place seems to be behind the large oak tree of my neighbours front yard. Sprinting over there, I of course trip on something, causing the sprinklers to start spraying water in my face and down my clothes. Great, my luck couldn't get any worse right now.

My breath is heavy, realising how unfit I really am. I hear a door close and it must be my house. I glance over and all the lights are off and my parents are no where in sight, so I begin to walk down the street, still dripping wet. My stomach is stinging and a red stain is visible on my shirt. I walk over to the only house that still has their lights on and begin to knock on the door.

After a few seconds, the door creaks open following a tall, brunette boy (that is absolutely gorgeous by the way) standing in front of me, looking me up and down with an odd expression on his face. That's when I remember what I look like. Crap, way to make a first impression Madi, really smooth.

*****

First story, hope you like it xx
Short chapter but please comment ideas and ways to improve :)

Thanks - Kaitlyn x