26

Edwin
Meeting Audrey made me so happy. I had to be careful so that I didn't lose her again. I managed to earn her forgiveness after I put on my good-boy face.

Yeah! It is obvious that she is a tough and smart as well. She was so different from all the other girls I had met. How I managed to pull of with this, only God knew.

I,together with her, walked to the library. Previously, she insisted she wanted to have some privacy but I assured her that I wasn't going to disturb her in anyway.

Without passing any comment in relation to what i had said, she walked away from me and towards the library.

"You look pale. Are you okay?" I asked.

She looked at me and after sometime replied with a 'No'. Almost in the form of a whisper.

I settled with her in the library. She took a seat and I sat across her on the table as that was where the only available seat was.

In the beginning, I wanted to text Drusilla and tell her about my progress with Drey but I pushed out that thought knowing for a fact that, Audrey wouldnt be pissed if she found out I had a hand in her breakup.

Now that I was in the library, i had to study but I just couldn't. I had the girl of my dreams sitted across me and all i wanted to do was pull her unto my lap and have her straddle me. There were a lot of things I wanted to do with Audrey only if she ever gave me the chance.

I turned towards her and noticed that she was struggling to concentrate.

Her eyes were fixed on the open-paged book but her mind wandered elsewhere.

I wish I could be the guy that occupied her mind this way. I wished to be her bestfriend. Her partner for a lifetime.  I wish i could be the only and first person she could confide in. I wanted to be able to solve all her problems. I loved her and I couldnt wait for her to feel the same way about me.

Unknowingly, my hand moved towards hers and she startled at my touch. She refused to look at me even though my hand covered hers but I was certain her mind wasnt wandering any longer.

"Try your best to concentrate. He is not worth the time you are wasting.  God knows you did everything to sustain your relationship but it just didnt work out. Dont desyroy your future Drey. You are pretty and smart and I believe any guy will want you not for the timid girl you were before,but for the brave woman you have become." I said.

A tear dropped unto her book and it was then that I noticed my words got to her. She was crying and it felt as if someone had pierced my rib.

I felt a wierd sharp pain in my heart. Was this what happened when you fell in love? I wanted to hug her tightly and tell her that everything was going to be fine but I just couldnt.

My hands wouldn't let me.  I was rooted to the spot not knowing what to do.

Audrey
This was enough. I couldn't take it anymore. I was so embarrassed by my actions now.

Who would have thought that Edwin was anywhere near the word 'caring'.

Thanks, I said to him,wiped my tears, packed my books and then left him.

I needed to think things through and I was grateful Edwin did not chase after me.

Reflecting over Edwin's words, I began to see things as they really were and accept it.

I decided to walk around a bit after sitting for a long time. It was after my decision that I rose my head to find the bitch Drusilla walking in my direction.

I quickly walked past her because I would do the worst if she dared me.

Hey loser! She called out.

I refused to give her any attention after used force turn me in her direction.

"Never use your filthy hands on me again." I warned.

"What?" She screamed in my face.
And then out of the blue, she slapped me. This girl really had some nerves. Had she gone nuts or something.

I was burning from fury as I held the cheek she hit.

Which hands do you call filthy? She asked.

You slapped me? I asked her in anger.

Yes! And i would do it over and over again if you...

I hadnt got time to listen to the trash that was about to come out of her mouth.  I gave her three slaps on hers.

One for the pain she had caused me, the other for stealing my guy with her sluty ways and the last as revenge for the slap she gave me.

She pulled my hair and I held on to hers to.

She pushed me to the wall and I yelped in pain when my spine made contact with the bricked wall.

I still held on to her hair but she was in control now. She hit my head on the wall and that was enough to make my vision blurry.

Stop it! Eddie screamed running towards me.

"Get the hell out of here before i strangle you," he siad with anger in his eyes.

Are you okay? Edwin asked.

Yeah! I said after gaining my vision back. I picked my books from where they had fallen and started to walk away.

It was then that I knew for a fact that i was not at all alright.

I had a throbbing headache. I held my head trying so hard to make it go away but it was of no use.

Audrey what is wrong? Edwin asked again getting closer to me.

I tried to take a step but it was a wrong move. I felt myself give up. I was falling down but never felt the impact of my body hitting the ground. Had i died?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hi guys! Thank you for reading to this point...
If you liked this chapter,please do well to vote and comment.