Book 1, Chapter 4:

Book 1, Chapter 4:

A Foreboding

Jiro looked at the seat beside him. It was empty. Just as it had been for the weeks since the fateful night.

Jiro frowned as he turned his head to search for the familiar face he missed so much.

She was seated alone at the back of the class. She had always been a loner, finding comfort only in his presence.

Jiro looked worried. He couldn't help but ask himself how she has been for the past few weeks.

Did she still hate him? Jiro sighed.

She wouldn't notice his stares since she wouldn't even raise her head.

The woman who always smiled for him was now a distant memory.

With a heavy heart, he forced himself to look at the master who entered the room.

Master Hideoshi walked to the front of the class. He turned to look at the twenty students fortunate to study under his supervision.

These twenty students will one day make or break the country, he thought.

Fixing his gaze on the prince, who looked like he had been through hell for the past few weeks, he frowned.

Seeing someone so strong and so emotionless crumble like this was frustrating.

The prince was transparently lovesick.

Hideoshi almost laughed, seeing the subject of the prince's affections looking everywhere else but at him.

No wonder the future emperor looked like hell.

"Students, you know by now that you are twenty of the brightest young minds in the country," the wise master said, gaining his students' undivided attention.

"However, recent events show that someone deserves to be included in your class."

"General Maja's son is here to join you, having recently garnered a perfect score in all of his subjects."

"It is apparent that someone of his caliber deserves to be given an equal learning opportunity," the old master continued as the students' eyes widened in surprise.

The students were in awe, for they knew by heart the story of the general's infamous son.

He was known throughout the realm as a hardheaded young man who had no desire to continue his family's legacy.

He was a known womanizer and a troublemaker.

So how could he suddenly have perfect scores in all of his subjects?

They all looked with interest at the golden haired young man who entered the room.

His golden hair, which reached down to his shoulders made him look like a faye prince, especially so because he had a perfect set of matching blue eyes that made him look ethereal.

All agreed that the tall young man's appearance was second to none.

His face rivaled the young prince, who showed a complete lack of interest in the newcomer until he noticed who he was looking at.

The blonde man's eyes were locked on the hazel brown eyes that stared at him in shock and disbelief.

Yuki recognized the man who had rescued her a week ago. The person she had labeled in her head as the most pompous pig she ever had the misfortune to meet.

The blonde smiled and waved at her.

He completely ignored the master's introduction and took the vacant seat beside her.

"Hey, didn't I tell you we will meet again for sure?" He smiled, showing his perfect set of teeth in a generous smile that reached his eyes.

The other women looked on with envy, for it was obvious that the gorgeous man was only interested in her, that plain-looking young maiden who everyone knew already had the prince's heart in her fragile little hands.

The young man smirked when Yuki tried to ignore him. "Hey, don't pout like that unless you want me to kiss you," he said, unashamedly teasing her for everyone else to see.

Yuki's cheeks blushed and the prince tried his best to stop himself from going to the back of the class and punching the blonde man's face with his fist.

Master Hideoshi cleared his throat and started the lesson.

How could it be that he is the only one who could feel the threat within the school walls?

The murderous look on the prince's face chilled him to the bone. And so he distracted himself and the class with his lesson.

He internally sighed and prayed that he would survive the students' last semester.

The sons of the two most powerful men in the kingdom were competing for the attention of the most clueless women in history.