Movie Night

After we had eaten lunch, and I had surprised Mason with my healthy cooking, I walked into the living room and plopped down on one of the couches. It was soft and conformed to my body right away.

I heard someone walk into the room and just assumed it was Ruth or Maria.

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

I opened my eyes when I heard his voice. My gaze found a held his.

"Sure," I replied.

He walked over to a self that held movies. It was a little taller than him and probably three feet wide.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked.

"Umm, do you own the second Purge?" I asked.

"You mean The Purge: Anarchy?"

"Yea that one," I said sitting up and walking over to the shelf looking for it.

"Yea I have it."

My fingers skimmed over the spines of the movie cases as my eyes searched for the specific one.

"I found it!" I said and pulled it out. I handed it to him and went and sat down on the couch. He put it in and then left the room.

When he came back, he had a bowl of popcorn. He sat down next to me and offered me some. I took a handful and ate it slowly.

Throughout the movie, I'd jump at certain parts. I'd seen this before, but some parts still get me.

We watched different kinds of movies all afternoon. Jackson brought us out supper, and we ate in the living room.

Afterward, I told Mason I was going to get ready for bed, but I'd be right back.

He nodded, signaling that he had heard me, but didn't take his eyes off of the tv. I don't blame him; he was watching 22 Jump Street. I love that movie.

I went upstairs as changed into a pair of fuzzy black shorts and a gray long sleeve crop top. I pulled my ponytail out and brushed my hair out.

I took my makeup off and brushed my teeth. Then I went to my bed and grabbed that dark fuzzy blanket that lay crumpled in the middle of the bed.

When I walked downstairs, he was at the part where Schmidt was asking Jenko if he was talking about whyphy the drug or wifi the internet. I replied when Jenko did.

"Fuck you brain."

I laughed and Mason turned around and looked at me.

"You've seen this movie?"

"I own it. It's my favorite movie."

"Mine too."

I sat back down on the couch and pulled the blanket over my legs.

"You know, if you were pajama pants, you're legs wouldn't be cold." He said.

I looked at him to see a smirk playing on his lips.

"If I were wearing pajama pants, I'd still do it. But shorts happen to be more comfy."

"Okay, okay." He said, easing his hands in defense.

I chuckled and turned back to watching the movie.

After that one was done, Mason got up and took it out. Then he went back to the self.

"What do you want to watch next?"

"Ummm you pick."

"Okay..." He mumbled to himself.

I sat on the couch waiting for him to choose. Finally, he picked one out and put it in. When he came back to the sofa and sat down, I asked.

"What did you put in?"

"You'll see." He replied.

When the title came up, I almost laughed. I hadn't seen it before but did he think he could scare me?

"The Exorcism of Emily Rose?"

"Yea."

"It's not going to scare me," I told him.

"We'll see."

I laughed an he pressed play.

"I bet you'll scream at least once."

"Not a chance, but you're on."

£

We were more than halfway through, and I hadn't screamed yet. He was trying, I will give him that. Every time something 'scary' happened he would either nudge me with his foot or hand and gasp.

We were to the part where her boyfriend was spending the night with her in her dorm room, and she was being possessed.

Her body was all crunching and pointing in weird directions, but that's not what scared me. No, when her mouth opened, it made the sound of bones breaking all at once. I don't know why I screamed, but I did.

I buried my face in the couch and refused to look at the screen until that scene was over.

"Is it done?" I asked.

"Yea, it's done." He replied.

When I looked up, my face came face to face with his. My breathing hitched and my eyes locked with his.

Right, when I was about to look away. He leaned in slowly and pressed his lips to mine.

The feeling was new to me. But I loved it. His lips were as soft as they looked.

It only lasted for a couple of seconds before he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

I felt his arm drape around me. I moved into a comfier position so that I was laying against him and across the couch. He moved to where he was sitting angled in the seat. My head rested against his chest, and it was comfy.

My eye lids started to flutter shut. I was too tired to get up and go to my bed, even though I knew I should.

Sleep consumed me, and it was peaceful.

⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Hello beautiful people! Hope you're enjoying it!

What is happening? Is Mason going to be nice to her? Is Reagan going to become comfortable and let him in her life? How much will she let him know?

Please comment and vote! Then slid on over and slap that follow button!

Thanks for reading!
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️