Not Lust but Something Else.

"Come back here!" he yelled from somewhere behind me.

I kept running, my arms pumping back and forth so fast that I could barely feel them moving, and my legs were moving so fast that I couldn't ignore the burning numbness that had set in a while back. My breathing was getting harder to control, and my hair kept blowing in my face making it hard for me to see.

"Reagan!"

I finally stopped and looked down at the water.

I had myself cornered.

I had turned the wrong way and ended up at the end of a dock.

Turning around quickly when I heard a twig snap, I watched as he emerged from the brush and walked out onto the dock.

Straight.

For.

Me.

I backed up but didn't get far because my heel didn't hit wood, but instead hit emptiness. I didn't know what to do and I wasn't able to move because he had the only exit blocked.

When he reached me, one of his arms slipped around my waist and the other came up to the side of my face, cupping my cheek.

He leaned his forehead against mine. I could feel his breath lightly hit my lips, and felt a shiver run down my spine in anticipation.

He leaned forward slightly but his lips never came in contact with mine. Instead they hovered above mine.

"You've been a bad girl." He whispered.

A smile broke out on my face and then I replied.

"How do you figure that?"

"Well, let's see... you screwed with my bathroom so that my shampoo and conditioner were something else and my showerhead pored out Kool-Aid instead of water. Then while I was in the shower for what little time I was, you came in a waxed the floor, and messed up my facet handles."

"It was pretty funny though." I admitted without shame.

"Kind of." He said, and I saw a smile crack on his face also.

"So are you going to kiss me? Or nah?"

"Well, which one do you want me to do more?"

I thought for a second before answering him. Maybe if I said the opposite of what I wanted then he'll do what I want.

"I don't want you to kiss me."

"In that case..." he trailed off and stepped back, away from me.

"Wait, Mason. Kiss m-" he cut me off by pressing his lips to mine.

His hands gripped my hips and pulled me closer to him so that I was completely up against him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tiptoes.

"I love you." He said after we broke apart.

"I love you too." I told him

He kissed me one more time before picking me up and jumping off the edge, into the water.

I screamed as I hit the water.

Before I could go back up to the surface, Mason held me down, below the surface. He cupped the side of my face while his other hand rested on my hip, and kissed me.

When we broke the surface, I splashed him.

"Ah! What was that for?" he asked.

"You scared me! But what you did after that was really cute." I said and swam closer to him.