0.1: The Adoption

I sat in the window in the orphanage looking down at the streets far below. Resting my head up against the cool glass, I closed my eyes and the silence in the air was nice for once. No preppy girls were trying to get under my skin and destroy my stuff, no Den Mother trying to blame me for something just didn't do, and over all the stress of the world just kind of felt like it wasn't there for once.

A loud knock on my bedroom door made me break from my thoughts. I knew it wouldn't last very long.

"Who is it?" I asked quietly. I have horrible anxiety, so I tended to be very quiet. The door opened and I saw one of the nice girls that lived here, Hannah.

"There are some men coming to adopt today. They're looking for a girl that's twelve to sixteen." She said with a smile.

"Okay, thanks for telling me." I said, smiling back. She waved and closed the door, leaving me alone again. I decided to take a quick shower, so I walked into the bathroom and turned it on. After getting cleaned up I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body.

Looking at myself I knew I wouldn't get picked. Who would want an antisocial, depressed teenager with scars covered her entire upper leg and her arms? I dug through my makeup bag for the only thing that could ease my thoughts.

I pulled out my razor and sat down against the cabinet, twisting the cool around in my hand. I let out a small sign and closed my hand around the blade before getting up slowly and putting it back where it belonged.

'Not today...' I thought to myself as I got dressed and showered off. I smiled a little from the nice, warm water, feeling all of my muscles relax. I didn't take too long and I got out, going back into my room to get ready.

Since I had very few clothes, I put on my Pierce The Veil shirt, ripped black skinny jeans, and black studded boots. I put in my many earrings, (I had both if my ears pierced all the way up), and put on my makeup.

I put on winged eyeliner, and a coat of mascara, sitting back and smiling again at my work. Makeup was something I was always good at and it was a blessing to me. Another knock sounded from my door and it opened up to be my Den Mother standing there.

"Hurry up Lyric, the men are waiting downstairs." She gave me a quick glance up and down before going back downstairs. Of course she would, rude old woman. I got my headphones and plugged them in, playing Resurrect The Sun by Black Veil Brides.

I walked downstairs where all of the other girls around my age were lined up, eager to get picked. I got in line with them, and held my head down not even looking at the guys who were here. I felt heart rate pick up being in the room full of so many people, and my breaths became really shaky. Perks of having social anxiety, yaaaay! (Note the sarcasm.) I pulled the sleeves of my shirt down.

My headphones got ripped out by the head of the preppy girls, Kennedy. The music blared from them and I quickly paused it earning dirty looks from most if the girls, except Hannah who gave me a look that said 'I'm sorry'. I shook my head at her in a way that said it's okay.

I put my phone and headphones in my pocket, which with my luck, started playing Empire by Bring Me The Horizon. My face heated up and I paused the music again. Some girls snickered at me and were whispering about me. I caught some like 'What an idiot' or 'She won't get adopted any time soon.'

I rubbed my hand over my left wrist which was mostly hidden with all of my bracelets. I heard footsteps approaching me, but I didn't even bother looking up until someone waved their hand in front of my face. I looked up to see no other than Christian freaking Coma standing in front of me, with the other guys standing behind him.