Chapter 3-Hallucinations

I realized that the whole front window was shattered and I slowly looked beyond it and saw Nate lying in the middle of the road. I gasped. He looked dead. I unbuckled myself and made sure I didn't hit my head as I fell from my seat. Since the car was standing on its hood I waited and let the blood rush back down to my feet. My nose was bleeding and my head felt like it had been hit with a hammer. I tried my best not to throw up as I got out of the car and walked towards Nate. He was motionless but as I got closer I saw his chest rising and lowering. He was going to be okay if I got him to a hospital soon. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket. Which now had a broken screen from the wreck. I called for an ambulance and carefully moved Nate to the side so he wouldn't get hit by a car. After that I lied next to him looking up at the sky. I saw a big flock of birds flying around as if they were confused. I cocked my head to the side in confusion. Then they started flying towards me. They were pretty far away but it didn't take long for them to get to me, and when they did they started pecking me. Hundreds of birds pulled at my clothes and skin as if they were going to eat me. I was standing up now and shrieking as I tried to protect myself. Suddenly the ambulance was there and people were rushing to help Nate and I. As I stood their shrieking and trying to make sure I didn't turn into bird food the ambulance people stared at me as if I was mad.
"What is she screaming about?" One of the emergency medics asked the other. The other one shrugged and suddenly the birds were gone. I looked around and asked one of them why they didn't help me.
"Help you with what?" One if them said.
I stared at them and looked around looking for evidence that I wasn't crazy. I didn't find one feather. I looked up at them and said,
"Never mind I think my head just hurts."
One of them tended to my concussion while the other got Nate on a stretcher. Nate and I were drove to the Hospital. As I was waiting in the waiting room for Nate to get fixed up I called my parents and told them I was at the Hospital. They got there quickly and rushed to me to see if I was okay. After I reassured them that I was fine they called Nate's parents. His parents came over and let us inside the room that Nate was in. The doctor was talking to Nate's parents and I heard a few things.
"His right arm is broken, he has a few bruised ribs, and he had some internal bleeding when he got here but luckily we've stopped it. Since his injuries are quite painful to him we've given him some morphine, so he might be out for a couple hours." The Doctor explained to Mr. And Mrs. Patterson as they listened intently. I was extremely worried about him at the moment but at the same time I was pondering deeply on the idea that I might be going crazy and hallucinating things. Or was it just the concussion?