Chapter 2-The Accident

The next morning it was hard to get out of bed because I was so tired. So I had to rush to get to school. I also had to pick up Nate and drive him there because he didn't have a car. I drove into the garage and parked the car. Since I knew Nate's Parents really well I just let myself in. Max, Nate's step dad, was getting coffee in the kitchen and reading the newspaper. He noticed me and said hello and I said a quick hi back as I rushed to Nate's room. I barged in and he was still in a deep sleep. I tip toed over and whispered in his ear.
"Wake up sleeping beauty."
He snored in response. I looked at my watch and gasped. If I didn't wake him up we would be late for first period. Mrs. Barnes, our Chemistry teacher, would not be happy. I went into his bathroom and filled up a cup with cold water. I then lifted the sheets, hardly phased by the fact that Nate was only in his boxers, and poured the contents of the cup all over his toned body. He must have jumped ten feet in the air.
"Look at the time! We have to go now!" I said urgently.
He looked at the clock and bolted towards his dresser. As he was dressing I got his toothbrush from the bathroom and put a dab of toothpaste on it for him. I handed it to him right after he pulled on his shirt. He hopped up and down as he rushed to get his shoes on while he was brushing. He ran to the bathroom to spit in the sink. I grabbed his hand as we ran to the car, on the way he grabbed his bag. We hopped inside the car and we were off.

"We really have to get going Jess," Nate said as he hassled me.
"I kno--," I began to say, but at that moment a crow hit our windshield and I panicked. I spun out of control and off the road, the car rolled and we were tossed around like rag dolls inside the car. It then stopped rolling and I looked over at Nate to see if he was okay and he wasn't there.