ten

ten

Calum got admitted to the hospital because of how deep his arms were cut, Lara would've known that if she had read the second letter that her mom wrote for her but she didn't and she felt helpless. Even though she hasn't spoken to Calum since the accident, she was his cousin.

Lara knew that Luke was going to come looking for her sooner or later but she made no remorse to even think about that, she was too busy worrying about her cousin who was still passed out asleep on the white dreaded bed she once woke up from.

"Darling its late, don't you want to head home?" the middle aged nurse who was taking care of Calum asked, Lara shook her head, smiling.

"No I'm alright," Lara assured her, letting out a yawn in the process. "I'm staying the night anyways, my father is coming to drop off some clothes."

The nurse nodded before dismissing herself to the main hospital lounge, Lara watched her leave, making eye contact with Lance who was rushing with a bag over his shoulder.

She looked over to Calum who had his wrists bandaged and casted, she wanted to cry, he hurt himself when he looked the most happy.

"I brought you her second letter," Lance startled her calm nerves, she turned around and eyed him skeptically, he proceeded to take out the brown envelope and handed it to her. "I brought you some clothes and your school books. I should be off now, see you tomorrow."

Lara nodded as a goodbye, her fingers shaking with the envelope she was holding, she slowly tore it open and slide the piece of paper out, taking a deep breath before unfolding it.

Dear Lara,

I will forever keep reminding you that I left because I love you. You were the best thing that has ever happened to me and I hope you feel forever know that.

Luke is someone that you love, you two were the idea of love and sacrifice and you both were absolutely insane for each other. I want you to know that he was hook, line and sinker with you. One of the things he's absolutely scared of is someone doubting him so please, don't doubt him. He knows what he's doing and he loves you, it took you two years to break down his walls and make him yours but you did it and I think this time he'll break down yours. Don't give up on him, he needs you.

Your cousin Calum, he's depressed but only you know that. He first told you when you were fifteen and he's been depressed ever since. Calum doesn't trust his friends as much as he does with you, you told me you accidentally saw him cut himself too deep and he ended up in the hospital. That might happen again.

Take care of him, he also needs you.

I'm sorry and I love you x

Regards,Mary.

-

"I didn't think I could feel depressed at the age of fifteen," the sound from behind her chuckled, she turned around and saw that Calum was sitting up but his face half asleep, his face was pale and his lips were blue and chapped. "But it turns out you can be a lot of things when you're fifteen."