twenty - seven

"Are you really that bored with your life or are you secretly in love with me?" Michael quirks an eyebrow as he arranges the coffee cups according to the sizes.

Lara scoffs. "In love with you?"

Michael shrugs and sends a smirk her way, "I mean you keep on visiting me instead of your own boyfriend at work, so ya know, at least I'll still have my chances." Lara pouts, knowing damn well Michael doesn't have a chance, she only had platonic feels for him.

"Michael, you know--" Lara begins but Michael cuts her off, shaking his head.

"I'm kidding Elson, I know my place."

Lara sighs, "You're making me feel bad Michael, why can't I help you find someone?"

Michael bites his lips wipes at the counter with an old rag. "Because," he pauses and takes a deep breath before exhaling. "I'm pretty sure I'll be in love with no one else but you and that sucks but I know my place so you don't have to worry. Im not going to take any jabs at you mainly because Luke can hit, hard."

"Hey, that was one time!" Lara giggles and it was like music to Michaels ears, but he was determined to not cross any boundaries.

Michael begins to make coffee or in his words; art. "Speaking of your boyfriend, where is he?"

Lara checks the time on her phone then locks it again. "Driving back from his aunts place, he should be back by now." Michael nods, filling the cups with caffeine goodness. "Why?"

"Nah, just thought I'd give you some coffee for your way home now I guess I'll make Luke one too." Michael closes the two coffees with the lids and hands them to Lara. "It's on the house."

Lara smiles and takes the cups, the warm feeling of guilt still inside her stomach on how any girl deserves him. "Thank you, Michael. Thank you."

Michael only winks in return before he disappears to the back of the store, ready to restock some more coffee beans.

-

Luke: girlfriend where are you

Lara: narnia

Luke: say hello to the white witch for me :-)

Lara: you mean yourself then?

Luke: :-(

Luke: I miss you :-( pls come to me and cuddle I'm sad

Lara: I am on my way :)

-

Lara arrived Luke's home in the evening, she brought food, a picnic blanket and the coffee Michael was nice enough to pack for the two.

The door was unlocked and there were no cars in the driveway which meant his parents were home so she invited herself in. She went up the stairs, hearing Luke's snores from his room. She creeps into his room, seeing her boyfriend sprawled like a starfish with a SnapBack on his head, shirtless and with his tight jeans on.

Obviously the first thing she did was pull out her phone and take a photo of her distressed boyfriend, she then proceeded to jump on him causing him to shriek at first but then be too tired to react so he just pulled her closer.

"Hi," Luke mutters, his eyes still closed. He goes to kiss her jaw and adjust his sleeping position so they were in a better position, chest to chest. "When did you arrive?"

Lara breathes in his cologne. "Like two minutes ago, your parents aren't home."

He kisses her hair, "They went for dinner cause they're too lazy to cook. I was too tired to follow, that four hour drive was a killer." Luke then opens his eyes a little, squinting at the light shining through his window. "Do you wanna go eat, I'm hungry."

Lara shakes her head, "Don't worry about it. I brought you food, I hope you like nandos."

Luke smiles, his teeth in full show as he kisses her right on the lips. "I fucking love Nandos and I fucking love you."

-

"So how was the trip?" Lara asks, they sat in Luke's backyard on a picnic blanket, the flowers and dead leaves surrounding them.

"It was tiring," Luke says, shoving a piece of chicken into his mouth. "But it was nice to see the family again, they missed me and they said they missed you too."

Lara sighs, "I don't remember them."

"They figured, they said whenever you're ready, I should bring you to them." Luke says, a glint of question in his eyes.

Lara nodded, "Of course, I'd love to re-introduce myself to your family, again." She pulls he coffee out from the cute coffee bag she got from Michael's workplace.

"Coffee! Yes! That's what I need, kiwi you're a saint," he takes one cup. "Where ar ether from?"

Lara debated on telling him it was from Michael's store because she didn't want to argue but she didn't want to lie to him either. "I went to the coffee shop Michael worked in," she says and Luke looks up with raised eyebrows. "It was getting kind of lonely when you weren't around."

"Should I be worried?" Luke asks, and Lara shakes her head. "Good, that's all I needed to know."

"You have nothing to worry about it, Luke. You've got me." Lara assures him and he grins, flicking a piece of grape at her forehead. "Hey!"

Luke shrugs, "Sorry, you were being too sappy." She gasps. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

"I hate you, sometimes."

"Eh, sometimes is better than all the time, hate me all you want." Luke sticks his tongue out just in time for Lara to chuck a French fry at his face. "What the hell?"

"Love you."

-

fluff fluff fluff I luv fluff so u should luv it too, but don't worry more is coming soon cuz I love this book too much and a lot of u do so stay tuned, I'll update after eid celebration!! ❤️

also, I feel bad for Michael :-(