fourteen

fourteen

((not edited, call me out for it and i'll ship u to the himalayas))

While Michael and Lara were sprawled on her bed just chit - chatting about coffees and to the discard of Lady Gaga outfits, Luke was downstairs in her living room - he had just arrived - talking to Lance and as soon as Lara heard the distant chatter and faint laughter, she started to panic.

"You need to get out." Lara said blankly as Michael rolled over to snuggle her pillow, he squinted his eyes at her in confusion before she mouthed 'Luke'. His mouth formed a small 'o', he scrambled out of bed but froze when they both heard footsteps and a soft knock was placed on her door.

"Shît!" Michael whispered, a look of panic in his eyes as he scanned her room and dashed straight to her closet and locking himself in. Lara smoothed out her shit even though nothing happened between her and Michael and tugged her hair behind her ear, she opened the door to see Luke grinning from ear to ear.

"Hey there." the famous Luke Hemmings smirk was plastered on his face and she could feel the ranching lizards in her stomach crawling around.

"Hi." she said sheepishly, "What's up?"

"I was thinking you and I should hang out. Go to the beach or something, considering you like that part of London." Luke suggested, studying her nervous expression. "Are you alright?"

Lara could hear a thud from her closet and she had to cough it up to hide the sound. "What-yup, of course I'm fine. Yeah, I don't mind going to the beach. I mean, it's nice weather today right?"

Luke looked at her and nodded slowly, examining her room that looked completely normally so he didn't understand why she looked so fidgety. "Should I wait downstairs?"

"Yes, yes you should." Lara nodded, she wanted to pinch herself for her lying tone. "I'll see you, downstairs."

He nodded with his eyebrows raised before dismissing himself from the doorframe and down the stairs. Lara sighed in relief, closing the door and yanking the closet door open. "You couldn't be any louder?" she hissed at the tall red - head.

"Well, I'm sorry!" Michael scoffed, shaking his head and stepping out, stretching out his limbs from the limited space he had in her closet. "You couldn't get rid of him quick enough?" he mocked her tone. Lara rolled her eyes.

"You need to leave." Lara said blankly, not noticing how harsh she sounded. Now it was Michael who rolled his eyes and scoffed.

He tugged on his jacket that was laying on the floor and made his way to the window, not before kissing her forehead and hugging her tightly. And like every cliché movie scene, Lara's door unexpectedly flew open and Luke came tumbling in with a grin that was erased so very quickly with a shock expression.

Lara pulled out of his tight hug with a panic expression on her face. "Um-Luke, I..."

"Don't." Luke shook his head. "That's why you were so fücking fidgety, you had Michael hiding in your fücking bedroom! Where did he hide? Under the bed? In the bathroom? Where? Tell me!"

She pointed towards the closet and Luke laughed, mischievously. "Of course! The closet! It's a classic hiding spot! Well done, you two! You guys are so great at telling the truth! You both deserve a fücking medal for being assholes!"

"Luke, mate, calm down." Michael stepped forward, raising both of his hands in front of Luke in attempt to calm him down but Lara could tell it only brought more anger to Luke.

Luke stepped forward, almost ready to collide his fist with Michael's face. "Don't you fücking mate me, Clifford. I asked you for one fücking favour and that was to stay the hell away! And you can't even do that! Jesus, I can't believe I trusted you."

This time Lara stepped forward even though there was nerves and fear in her eyes. "Luke, nothing happened. He just came over to apologise, I promise. I'm not lying to you-"

"That's the not the fücking point, Lara!" Luke practically yelled in her face and Lara was terrified her father would come bursting through the door. "The point is that you said you wanted to try. Not me, I was all for it but you said you wanted to try. And now you're pulling all this bullshît on me, if you told me Michael was coming over then I would've been okay but the thing, you never tell me anything and expect me to figure out your life. Well news flash, sweetheart, I can't. Things are different and it's never going to be the same again."

Her eyes widen and she wanted to cry, she wanted to cry because Luke was right. She wasn't trying as hard as she should be and she's depending on Luke for everything. Lara hated herself, she hated the fact that she was kind of useless, to everyone and including herself.

"Luke, you're going to hurt her. She's fragile enough." Michael gripped him by the shoulders and if Lara could describe the colour of Luke's cheeks in a dark enough red, she would but that colour didn't exist. "Stop saying things you don't mean."

"As if you haven't hurt her before, Michael Clifford." Luke spat and the grip on his shoulders were loosened - that was before Michael punched Luke straight in the jaw with Luke feeling temporarily blind for a few seconds. "What the hell was that for?"

"Last time was a mistake and you know-"

Lance rushed in, the robe dangling off his hips. "What the hell is going on in here?"

"Dad, nothing-"

"I was just leaving, Lance," Luke spoke politely, his fake smile too believable. "I'll be on my way now."

"I'll walk you out." Lara startled him by saying, he didn't say anything, didn't even look at her and just made his way out from her room, stomping down the stairs. Lara followed behind, mentally preparing to what she was going to say but she had nothing.

Wind blew into the house as Luke flung the front door open, tying his shoe laces tightly before proceeding to walk out. "Luke, wait!"

Luke spun around and huffed, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "What now?"

"I-I-I'm sorry." she squeaked, although it was barely a whisper. The reaction she got from him was not what she expected, he started laughing sarcastically, clutching onto his stomach.

"Yeah, right. Call me when you actually mean it!" he called over his shoulder. "We're done!"

Lara's heart sunk, her heart broke and out of all the memories she wanted to remember, she could remember how her heart broke for the first time.

-

yay lara remembered her first heartbreak with luke for 09238349834 years ago!!

im not going into detail with that so its like an open ending chapter :)))

i havent updated in a while but just now this book is going to be like 20-25 chapters cause why not hahaha, cool kids is ma main priority so yep and fwf (for what fücks) as well, go check the two out if you haven't

twitter: aghastlrh

snapchat: intanjfc

ask.fm: intanabdulx

peace out