Reports And Refining

The mission that had left Logan and Kitty injured had been partially successful. The team had gone to offer support to the Avengers while they closed down a drug developer that was using mutants as guinea pigs in an effort to cure them of the genetic scourge. The raid wasn't supposed to happen when it did, but they had to rush it seeing as the developer had been tipped off by a leak within SHIELD.

Shadowcat, Captain America, and Wolverine had been leading the way in and as a result had taken on the heaviest fire.

Kitty had been able to simply phase out as she allowed the shots intended to her to simply pass through her harmlessly until the very end of their mission when she was hit before she could phase by a falling chunk of concrete. The blow was glancing, but it had done severe damage all the same. As a result, she laid in the med bay with a concussion and some stitches in her scalp. She felt awful when she finally heard how the rest of the evening played out.

Wolverine and Cap had managed to get her out of the building after the rest of the team freed the mutants they'd been using and removed all their research and documents. Stark had been careful to wipe their computers and zombify them to send any and all new information to his database in Avengers Tower in an attempt to monitor any further pushes to continue their unregulated, illegal activities.

Logan had just handed Kitty to Cap so he could find the best scent trail out, headed up the stairs of the blackbird when an unexpected enemy showed up.

Logan stopped cold, in total disbelief of what he had scented out. It didn't make any sense ... but his nose never lied to him. As he turned his head to try to catch a better scent, he was hit hard.

Creed was back. Seeing the lunatic in the middle of a drug den the Avengers were busting was enough of a shock that Logan was taken off guard for an instant as he tried to gather himself. But that was all Creed needed, and he slashed at Logan ruthlessly before Logan could pop his claws. It was obvious that their old feud hadn't lost it's white hot hatred, and whatever damage K had done him was fully healed.

It was hands down, the most vicious thing that Cap had ever been witness to. Stark was taken back at the ferocity of it too. Both had seen Wolverine fight before – but not like this. Not so raw and rage filled. Tony couldn't let it continue. In an effort to aid his team mate, Stark targeted Sabretooth and fired on him. It was hard to watch the two men with explosions accenting the bloodshed, and claws, but he wasn't going to let his team down. Not over Creed.

When Cyclops got involved too, Sabretooth decided to turn tail and run, but not before he gave Logan a parting gift. As Logan pulled himself out of a pile of debris, Victor bounded over on all fours then stabbed him with a ka-bar. He snapped the blade off at the hilt while his hand was wrapped around Logan's bare throat to keep him from turning and nailing him back.

As soon as Creed pushed him away, he disappeared. Wolverine fell to his hands and knees as Tony gave chase, targeting systems singing with shooting solutions that Creed was going to feel for a while. Logan dragged himself upright and stumbled towards the jet. He was bleeding badly by the time he got even halfway close. Seeing his old comrade at arms in trouble, Cap finished the fight he was in quickly and rushed to his aide.

Though Logan protested the help, Cap blatantly ignored him, and ended up half-carrying the little feral to the jet before he passed out with Cap trying frantically to stop the bleeding.

So naturally, when Logan woke up later at the med lab with someone's hand inside his open wound, he simply couldn't focus on his surroundings past the pain. It didn't help matters that all he could smell was blood. The fluorescent lights triggered him into a panic as he relived the torture at the labs of Weapon X in a flash.