19. New York, New York

Start from the beginning

The room erupted into applause as many were impacted by Flora's words. Flora closed her portfolio, no longer in need of it.

"To my female classmates, I would like to tell you to never let a man belittle you. Remember that are a bad bitch and do not have to take in their insults — or anyone's insults. Always remember your worth, thank you." Flora picked up her portfolio and waved at the applauding crowd as she walked off stage and into the backstage room where there was a small crowd of reporters awaiting for her.

"Flora that was such a powerful speech, what inspired you?" One of the reporters asked.

"Many of the extraordinary woman in my life, including my mom and the Queen Mother." Flora answered.

       "There are rumors that Prince Hayden is taking you on a honeymoon trip to Greece, is that true?" Another reporter asked to which Flora nodded.

       It was not completely true, specifically in regards in the location, but it is best that people do not know where it is Flora and Hayden are headed to.

       "When will you be departing?" The same reporter questioned.

       "I will be departing tomorrow and meeting my husband there." Flora answered truthfully this time.

       "Does that mean there may be need of an heir soon?" Another female reporter asked and all the reporters turned to Flora eager to hear her response.

       "Come on, give the princess some space." Dr. Allen assured the reporters out of the room and Flora let out a sigh of relief. Flora walked over to the table with snacks and beverages on it.

       "May I ask your highness, do you miss your best-friend?" Flora turned to the familiar voice with a smile. "Hey Flor."

       Flora walked over to Zander and enveloped him into a hug. Zander melted into the brunette's arms, enjoying her embrace — it felt like an eternity since he last saw her. As Zander examined Flora he noticed her poise and confident posture. The brunette looked beautiful as ever with her brown body-con dress and her dark brown locks held back in a low bun.

       "It is so good to see you," Flora said with a smile, but it dropped a little as she took a closer look at Zander. His usual messy locks were combed back and looked shorter than before, but that was not what upset the brunette. It was the dark circles forming under Zander's tired mint-green eyes. "How have you been?"

       Noticing Flora's worrisome expression, Zander forced a smile and answered, "I have been good, just a bit busy with my new responsibilities at Glitz and Glam."

The whole truth was that Zander had been under an immense pressure with Glitz and Glam magazines. They have been asking him time and time again to contact Flora and request an exclusive interview since after all the two were friends. It had gotten so bad that Zander's position was now being threatened to be taken away. However, Zander did not want to abuse his friendship with Flora and therefore had not mentioned anything to her.

Flora narrowed her blue eyes at Zander, still skeptical about his response. "You know that if you ever need anything, I am here for you. Despite being far away, you can always call me up and I'll be there."

Zander smiled down at his friend, happy that her kindness and generosity was still there, despite everything she had been through. "I know," Zander assured. "Now tell me, how have you been since the incident? That was bad ass speech you have to the press at the hospital."

Flora smiled proudly at herself. "Trust me, inside I was a whole mess, but I could not show it. I could not allow myself to give those idiots the satisfaction to see the princess shaken up."