35. Epilogue

"Come on Flora, I need one more big push from you." The doctor urged.

Flora could feel her insides burning, but nonetheless she gathered all her strength and pushed as hard as she could, gripping the white sheets tightly. "Agh!" Flora fell back onto the bed, exhausted. "I can't."

"You got this, my love." Flora turned to her husband who took her hand in hopes to keep her motivated. She smiled up at him, happy that he was by her side during this moment. Flora gripped Hayden's hand and pushed once more, this time harder than last time. The loud cries of their baby filled the room and the medical staff cheered.

"You have a daughter, your majesties." The doctor announced and Hayden felt the tears in his eyes swell with happiness.

"You are so strong, my love." Hayden whispered as he kissed Flora's forehead. The doctor cut the umbilical cord and the nurses quickly examined the baby. Flora chuckled happily as she too had tears of happiness roll down her cheeks.

"Here is your daughter, our princess." The nurse smiled down at the baby as she handed her over to her parents, gently laying her in Flora's bosom.

       "She's so beautiful," Flora cooed as she gently caressed her daughter's cheek. Hayden smiled at his wife and daughter lovingly.

"Like her mom," Hayden whispered causing Flora to blush. Hayden kissed Flora's forehead once more before looking down at their daughter and allowing her to wrap her tiny hand around his finger. "Now I have two beautiful angels."

"We will take the princess for further examination while you rest, your majesty." One of nurses, Betty said as she took the baby back. Flora was reluctant to let go, but finally gave in.

"I'll go with them," Hayden said, hoping to ease his wife's nerves. Flora smiled at him gratefully and watched as Hayden followed the nurse and their daughter.

Flora let her eyes slowly give in as sleep welcomed her with open arms. The calm darkness was filled with panicked voices and unwanted memories resurfaced.

"Hayden!" Flora felt a cold feeling wash over her as she stared at her husband's motionless body. His blood had soaked his once white dress shirt.

"Flora, I need you to stay with me." Flora's blurred vision fell upon the ginger-head dressed in blue scrubs. "Flora, stay with me! Flora!"

"Flora!"

"Flora!"

"Flora!" The shaken brunette shot her eyes open and found Guilia looking down at her worried. "My dear, you were shaking. Are you alright?"

Flora nodded as she attempted to sit up on her own, but Guilia quickly aided her. "It was just a bad dream."

"The nightmares again?" Guilia asked, a concerned look in her eyes and Flora nodded once more. Guilia walked over and poured some water for Flora to drink. "I have something that'll cheer you up."

Flora watched as Guilia walked over to the door and motioned for those outside to step in. Hayden walked inside with their son in arms. "Mommy!" Matias exclaimed.

Flora giggled at her son's happy expression. Her somber mood fading away. Hayden walked over to Flora as the rest of the family piled into the room. "Hey my baby," Flora engulfed her son in a hug. "You ready to meet your little sister?"

"Yes," Matias nodded, his raven locks shaking. Hayden picked up his daughter from the nearby hospital crib and gently lowered her so Matias can look at her. "Hwi, I am ywour wother."