07. Another Drunken Night

En başından başla

"Hayden!" Flora called out and the raven-head boy turned around. "T-That night, did you umm—"

Hayden cocked in eyebrow curious as to what the brunette was getting at. Flora bit her lip trying to figure out how to express her thoughts.

"Did you use protection?" She blurted out taking Hayden by surprise.

Hayden took a moment to try and remember but it was all a blur. "I don't remember." He said, causing the brunette to panic.

"I'm late," Flora blurted out again and Hayden turned to her with widened eyes. "I am never late and I couldn't remember if we did use a condom or not and—"

Hayden walked over to the brunette who was now seated on the couch and knelt in front of her. "I will schedule an appointment with the family gynecologist, if you are pregnant I will take care of our child."

All Flora could do was offer him a thankful smile as she rested her head on her hand. Before the quiet could surround them any longer Hayden's phone rang.

"Hello Father," he answered before covering the phone. "I'll be back shortly."

Hayden left the room and the brunette sunk into her seat on the couch. If she really was pregnant, everything was going to change and this time it would be permanent. Flora shook her thoughts away and grabbed her clean underwear from her book bag before heading to the bathroom. She was not surprised at how huge it was. She undressed herself and stepped into the shower. After struggling with all the handles and buttons, she was finally able to get the warm water running. She let the water drown away her thoughts and ease her tense muscles.

       "Dear god, please don't let me be pregnant." Flora prayed as she ran a hand down her abdomen.

*        *        *

       The faint sound of knocking disrupted the brunette's sleep and she stirred in the king-sized bed. The warmth of the silky duvet covers was pulling her back to her sleep, but the knocking grew louder and Flora was forced to awaken.

       "Hayden?" The brunette called out followed by long yawn. She blinked away her sleep state and looked around the massive room. She spotted her husband deep in thought on the couch. "Hayden!"

       "Huh?" Hayden snapped out of his trance and turned to the brunette.

       "Someone is knocking." Flora whispered as she stepped out of bed. Hayden threw the pillow and blankets toward the bed and moved to the double-doors in the living room area.

       As he opened the door, Stephanie stepped in with a cart of food. "Here is your breakfast your highness." She chirped.

       "Actually, today my wife and I will be joining my parents for breakfast." Hayden informed catching the blonde by surprise.

       "But you always eat in your room." She replied causing a frown to appear on Hayden's face as he did not like repeating himself to people. "I will have the maid set a place for your royal highnesses."

       She gave courtesy before exiting the room with the cart of food. Hayden closed the door and turned to Flora.

       "I will take a quick shower, meanwhile you can get ready." He said and Flora nodded.