Chapter 14

The reception was intimate at the Parker home. I was surprised to discover the whole bottom half of the home was nothing more than a large room with support beams throughout. The whole room was lit up with delicate lights and candles with white flowers of all kinds everywhere. Tables were set up all around the dance floor and a small table with a towering cake sat in the corner. Sidney and I had a moment alone at the house while we waited for people to arrive. We went for a walk along the paths of his family home, hand in hand just like we did the day he asked me to marry him.

"Are you happy, Mrs. Parker?" he asked.

"I've never been happier," I said. "Everything about today has been perfect. I'm the luckiest woman in the world to have you."

He stopped and pulled me towards him. "I feel as if I'm the lucky one. I've never known someone who could love and give so much to someone else simply be being themselves."

"I hope I always give you what you need."

"I hope I'm always able to give you what you need. I'm glad you taught me that giving someone what they need doesn't come with a price tag." He smirked and pulled me closer to him. "Doesn't mean I won't be spoiling you from time to time. The lavish honeymoon we are about to go on being the first of many."

"You still won't tell me?" I questioned with a giggle.

"You'll find out soon enough. We leave in the morning," he informed. I was excited to see where he had made arrangements for us to go. I imagined it was someplace spectacular.

"How long will we be gone?" I asked, trying desperately to find some clues.

He breathed a sigh and swayed us back and forth. "At least two weeks, but in all honesty, we can stay as long as you want."

I laughed. "I think two weeks is long enough. Wouldn't you want to get back to work?"

"Work can wait," he said laughing. "I just got used to my sleep schedule again and now I'm going to go and mess it up once more."

"And when the baby comes, you'll be taking off even more time, messing up your pattern all over again," I reminded.

"I have never taken so much time off from work than I have this year. But I'm glad every time I have, it's been spent with you."

"Me too," I agreed, leaning up to kiss him.

When we noticed people had started to arrive at the house, we headed back to the house and had a photographer of my choosing take photos. It seemed like it took forever to get through all the shots. I would have never taken so long and kept the bride and groom from their guests. But I guess every photographer was different. I hired the man because his sample photos were similar in nature to what I took. I did on occasion start to take over and instruct the type of shots I wanted taken instead of letting him do the instructing. Thankfully he didn't seem to mind.

When photos were finally done, we entered the large room and Sidney led me to the dance floor to people cheering. He swung me around and brought me to him with a grin on his face. We danced slow and close, with no need for words as we stared into each other's eyes. That moment was as if we were the only ones in the room. Towards the end of the dance, Sidney spun me around before bringing me back to his arms.

"Are you trying to make me dizzy?" I asked with a giggle.

"I suppose I should have warned you before I made that move," he said with an apologetic look on his face.

"It's alright," I assured. "I'm sure if I wasn't pregnant, I would have been just fine."

"I'll have to remember that," he promised.