Back to The Burrow

This chapter contains smut! Hope you are enjoying the story so far!

Your free hand shot up, covering your mouth as the tears started flowing down your cheeks. He was awake.

"Ron" you sobbed, burying your head into his chest.

"Easy!" he laughed.

"Sorry!" you gasped, sitting up quickly. You had completely forgot about his injuries.

"I'm kidding" he grinned, pulling you close to him and pressing his lips against yours. You melted against him, losing yourself in the kiss, the butterflies from earlier exploding all through you.

"Okay, Ronnie, settle down" you heard Gus laugh, "you've only just woke up, cant be having you passing out again."

You parted from Ron, keeping your eyes fixed on his. You had missed those eyes.

"You ok, mate?" Harry had come over and was now sitting beside you. Ron nodded, not taking his eyes off you either.

"What are you doing here?" he said eventually. "Not that I'm not happy to see you!" he quickly added.

"Nice save" Gus commented.

You laughed, "Harry came and got me"

"Good job too, or else youd be done for." Harry smiled, putting his hand on your shoulder. "Saved your life, this one."

"More than once" Ron said quietly, still staring at you. You blushed, squeezing his hand again. "But seriously, I'm starving" he finally broke his gaze from you, and looked up at the table. Angus had already prepared a plate of food for him.

"Courtesy of your mum" he nodded, walking over with it. Rons face lit up.

"Brilliant, mums food and my girl, dont think theres a better way to wake up" he grinned, sitting up and taking the plate from Angus. You could feel the heat in your cheeks at his words. His girl. A grin spread over your entire face. Ron was too busy eating to notice, but you spotted Harry out of the corner of your eye. His grin was just as big as yours. He winked at you, then turned his attention back to Ron.

"Do you think you are up for travelling?" he asked. "After youve eaten first, of course" he held both hands up in defence as Ron shot him a dirty look.

"I reckon so, I feel pretty good, just a little sore" Ron nodded, his mouth full of roast beef. You watched him closely, taking in every inch of him. It was like you were seeing him for the first time again. You noticed every detail about his face. "Is everyone else ok?" he looked round the room.

"Yeah, a few small injuries, but nothing that couldnt be fixed. We got most of them, but a few managed to get away." Harry informed him.

You thought back to the scene you had been met with a few days earlier, a chill running down your spine. You hoped you'd never have to see anything like that again.

"Hey.." Ron's voice called you back from your thoughts. You hadnt noticed that the room had emptied.

"Hey" you smiled back at him.

"I'll never be able to thank you for this," he began. "I'm livid with Harry for getting you involved, you could have been..." he stopped for a second, unable to finish his sentence. "Thank you. I love you." he pulled you back into his chest, kissing your head softly.

"I love you. I'm just so glad youre ok" you whispered quietly.

After a few hours, everyone was ready to go. You said your goodbyes to the rest of the Aurors. Everyone was going their own way, except you, Ron and Harry, who were heading to The Burrow. Angus pulled you into a hug, "you take care of yourself, I hope we run into you again." he smiled. "Thank you for everything you've done here."