14. Good Things........And Bad Things

~2 Months Later~

Its been two months, and a lot of crazy strange things have happened since that night I found Michael was indeed, a killer. First of all, a few weeks later, Kiana was admitted into the psychiatric ward after trying to commit suicide, she said the voices told her to do it. Paranoia must've done a number on her, especially since she was put on lockdown, strapped to a bed, right when she was admitted.

Ever since Michael and Ivy came into my life, my life had somewhat changed for the better.

Michael and I have obviously grown closer, closer than we already are, but this past weekend, I haven't seen him very much, since Tuesday actually, but we text even though I'm not the biggest fan of texting. Honestly, I use be able live without texting, because no one besides my brother texted me whenever he needed to ask for something. I only texted for convenience, not full conversations. I like talking to people in person better. A few hours ago, Michael texted me saying he had a surprise and he'd see me later tonight, and it was unusual, because he's not that type. It might not be anything huge either way.

As I waited for him to come around, I cleaned and listened to music. Music always motivates me when I'm cleaning, because I can usually dance since no one is watching. There were so many songs on my phone that when a super old one came on, my heart jumped in excitement.

It was that song I loved singing along to when I was younger, it was called Why Can't I, and it was by Liz Phair. The song sort of described what I feel for Michael.

I was in the middle of dancing along when hands settled on my hips, making me jump and spin around. It was Michael in a beanie that covered all of his hair and he was smiling as he joined me while I danced. I mouthed the lyrics to him and he pulled me closer to him as the song ended, but he kept swaying while looking into my eyes.

I smiled at him as we came to a slow stop and he said, "You are so cute."

I laughed, "And you're adorable."

He rolled his eyes and kissed me instead of responding, then he said, "Anyway, ready to see your surprise?"

I nod, "Yep, what is it?"

He smiled mischievously, and reached up to his beanie and yanked it off. I gasped and he said, "Do you like it?"

"Its blue galaxy!" I replied in complete shock. "You look even hotter."

He laughed out loud and it had to be the best sound I'd ever heard, I laughed with him and he said, "Well, thank you babe. You look hot all the time."

I snorted, "Sure, ok."

He immediately pouted at me and pressed me against his body, "Don't down yourself. I love the way you look."

He was strange, he could be so frightening, then super cute the next. I smiled him, "Gosh, I love you."

He hugged me and pressed a kiss to my forehead, "And I love you, way, way more. You're my whole world."

Then he could get really sappy in the blink of an eye. I yawned and he said, "Let's go to bed."

Too bad good things don't last very long.

---

Things had been pretty mellow since that night where a lot of things changed, but peace doesn't last very long for me. I recently found out my mother was being released from jail soon for good behavior. The last time she seen me, she was being dragged out of our house by the police, and she told me she would come after me when she got out. She literally promised to kill me.