2. Jealousy And A New Face

It's been a few weeks since Michael got to our school, he still has this dark aura. With each passing week, my feelings continue to grow. All we ever do is stare at each other, but it's like we're just communicating silently. I still haven't heard him talk though, or even seen him smile.

It was Saturday, so I decided to treat myself to a movie, because Seth has been busy with Eve and I don't have friends. I decided on seeing anything that looked interesting.

As I walked into the theater, I saw Kiana with Michael. Of course, he chose her. No matter what happens, it's always her. I quickly adverted my eyes and walked up to the ticket booth. I decided to just go to a scary movie, because sometimes they are stupid and it makes me laugh. I decided I wasn't going to be jealous, because Michael was never mine to begin with.

I'm used to Kiana always getting what she wants, I've never been the one anyone wanted. Did that mean I was unlovable?

I sat at the very back of the theater, it was really dark and I could see everything in front of me. I saw them walk in, he wasn't touching her at all, he wasn't paying attention to her. I'll admit, it made me feel a little better.

She wanted to sit in the front, she wanted to get scared so he would hold her, but I had a feeling he wouldn't. She always rubs things in my face, but since she didn't see me, she's gonna make up a story to make me jealous. I'm gonna laugh when it blows up in her face.

Throughout the movie, I laugh, Kiana screams obnoxiously, and Michael just sits there. I know Michael knows I'm here; he's an observer, he pays attention to everything. It's like we're connected in some way, our beings attuned to each other like magnets, we can feel each other and he's as aware as I am.

Maybe, before he showed up, I felt him headed my way, I knew he would be coming. We can sense each other, and it's the most unusual thing ever, he is really something else.

It still hurts that he's here with her though.

---

On Monday, I get to English, and Kiana and Julia are already there. I'm sure they waited until I arrived to discuss what happened with Michael; Kiana was itching to rub it in my face. Little did she know, I was there.

I took my usual seat and they started talking a little bit louder. Kiana spoke up first, in somewhat of a taunting tone, "Yeah, so, that hot new guy Michael; he took me to the movies on Saturday night, but we didn't really watch the movie. If you know what I'm sayingWe spent the entire movie making out, it was great." You spent the entire movie screaming and he didn't even care.

I rolled my eyes and held back a laugh as I read when Julia said, "Didn't he talk to you about his stalker?" Me, yeah right.

"Now that you mention it, yes he did," she spoke in that duh tone. "He really doesn't like her, he even asked me if I knew her, so I told him we were sadly, once best friends. He felt sorry for me." Then she adds, "He wants to take me out again. Can you believe it?" No, no I can't. Bitch.

Julia forced out an unattractive giggle, she can't giggle to save her life, and said, "So, did you guys do it?" Oh please.

Kiana snorted, "You know I don't have sex on the first date. That's for our third date." There won't be a third date, not even a second one.

I let out a sigh of relief as more people walked into the classroom; the bell was going to ring soon.

I looked up at the same as Michael walked through the door, he walked right up to Kiana's table and glared hard at her, and finally, I heard him speak, "Making up rumors about me?" Oh god, he sounded like sex.

I faced them a bit and watched; her face was pale as she stuttered, "N-No."

"Bullshit," he seethed. "You're fucking lucky I even went with you. I only went, because I wanted you to leave me alone. Also, I couldn't hear the movie over your obnoxious screaming." He looked at me. "Could you hear the movie, Claire?" Wow. Wait. How did he know my name?

I sighed, "Um, not really."

He turned back to her, "Exactly."

He finally took his seat and everyone else stopped talking and they were staring at a red faced Kiana, she looked at me like I had two heads; she hadn't known I was there that night. No one spoke a word. He totally owned that bitch!

He sounded so hot, I turned my attention away from Kiana to Michael, whom was already staring at me, but with a different look. He was smirking. I felt somewhat accomplished.

---

At lunch, I was sitting at a corner circle table, by myself. Then, something weird happened, I felt a presence. I glanced up to see a girl I'd never seen before, smiling at me. Her hair was literally white and she looked a lot like that actress, Chloe Mortez; facial features. I was staring at her in confusion.

Still smiling, she said, "Hi, I'm Ivy." She was Australian too.

I nodded politely, "Hey, I'm Claire."

She giggled, "Oh, I know. Michael talks about you all the time." What?

I narrowed my eyes at her, and yet again, she giggled, "I'm Michael's cousin; he's a year older than me. My parents died when I was really little, so I've been living with his family, I guess Michael is more like a brother to me."

I smiled, "That's nice."

She nodded as another person joined us; Michael. I looked at him and he smiled at me. As we ate, Michael didn't take his eyes off of me, but Ivy continued to make conversation.

Then she said something that surprised me.

She looked at me, "So, about that bitch, Kiana."

Out of the corner of my eye, Michael smirked darkly as I smiled and said, "Ivy, you and I are going to be great friends."