Chapter 30

My tears didn't stop falling. I didn't want to admit it for a long time but Nacho did raise me. Nacho was the one who came to bring your parent to school day when I couldn't bring anyone. Sure it was weird bringing a flying chihuahua to school but at least I had someone. Some kids weren't that fortunate.. 

    Some kids didn't have familiars like Nacho who would do something like self sacrifice. Just thinking about it made my tears fall even faster. 

      Athanasia held my hand a little tighter. 

       "Nicolette unnie." She said, "who was that boy?" 

         I looked up at her my face was tear stricken. That boy.. 

         "... a rat." I said bluntly. 

       "A rat?" 

       "The ugliest, horriblest, stupidest rat" I mumbled, "..." 

         "...and he was my best friend." 

       "Nicolette unnie... we don't know if that boy is dead yet-" Athanasia said tightening her grip on my hand and bending down, "You shouldn't lose hope yet!" 

      "..." Athanasia is only an optimist for other people... I bit my lip. Nacho was probably dead. If I couldn't have survived that attack Nacho would never be able to. Since hes supposed to be on the same or lower power level than me as a familiar. . . 

       Don't lose hope. 

        "Thank you for saying that Athanasia," I smiled while looking up. Even though I still want to cry I can't break down in front of her any more than I already have. Athanasia smiled back. 

        If Athanasia can be strong so can i. 

      I slowly picked myself up and looked over at the field of wildflowers we were standing upon. The sky is blue, it's unusual being in the country side. 

          "Athanasia, we should probably start our plan outside of the palace now." 

             "You're right." 

            Alright we were fully disguised !! I looked down at my now dyed brown hair. I felt bad because my white hair was really well taken care of so I'm worried dyeing it will ruin it.. 

         Athanasia came out of the bathroom from the inn. 

"I used my magic to change my hair color to brow-" She yelled, "Unnie did you dye your hair?!" 

"Maybe I should've asked you to change it instead.." I muttered.