Chapter 25

"Nicolette!!!" Athanasia suddenly called from the door.

       I nearly jumped when I heard her and Claude suddenly straightened up.
      Bruh she scared me-

       "Oh- uhm hello, Athanasia,," I replied standing up to greet her.

        "I heard you came to visit from the maids- papa didn't tell me anything about it!" She turned to Claude, "I knew it! You were trying to hog Nicolette all to yourself, Papa!"

         "Why would I do that?" Claude replied indifferently looking to the side. I was hoping you'd say, "yuh, I want her all to myself" but I guess I can't expect so much from Claude... ;')

         "Anyway Nicolette, since you're done playing with Papa- play with me now~~!!" Athanasia yelled as she grabbed my hands and started pulling me out of the room. One minute lemme just catch a glance at Claude's beautiful face one last time ~~~ huh? He looks sad. Is he... sad to see me go? Is it weird but that makes me kind of happy.  

       I smiled as the door closed and I was pulled by Athanasia away. 

        "Nicolette unnie, today I had a tea party with some girls. They were all so cute I wish you could've met them," Athanasia said as we came into another room. There were a few maids in the room which I quickly asked them to leave. I had to tell her now or never. 

       "Nicolette unnie ?" Athanasia asked as I closed the doors and sat across from her. 

       "Athanasia, I have something to tell you," I finally said. 

        "Something to tell me?" Athanasia asked. 

       "Yes," I replied, "It has to do with your father." 

         "Are you guys finally getting married?" Athanasia asked without a hint of hesitation. 

          I nearly fell over. 

        "No- That's not-" I stuttered. Actually, why am I not married to Claude yet? I slapped myself. Focus Angelina! This isn't what you're here to talk about. 

        "If it's not that," Athanasia asked, "Then what is it?" 

        "I received...," I wondered how I would tell her information like this. 

       "I received a prophecy." 

      "Prophecy?" 

     "Yes," I stated, "In the future, your father is going to lose his memories." Am I being too direct?? 

      "What are you saying? Cl- Papa losing his memories?" She looked like she was in deep thought for a long period of time, "Is it because of a curse?" I widened my eyes. 

        How did she think of it so quickly? I almost forgot her mental age is older than 14 lmao,,, 

       But still, how did she guess it so accurately? 

      I guess I'm just not used to not having the main character's inner monologue. 

      "You're correct." 

      "... How did were you able to receive it, unnie?" Athanasia asked. 

      "..." what excuse do I come up with now ? 

      "I wonder if you've noticed but I have very special magic that doesn't apply to this world's magic system," I started speaking, "Therefore-" 

       "You received a prophecy of this caliber due to your unique magic ?" Athanasia asked. 

        Why is does her vocabulary sound like she's looking up words on thesaurus.com...? 

        "Yes..." I replied.

          "Can you tell me the specifics of this prophecy, unnie?" She asked, "If you can't It's fine because I believe you." 

           "No, I can,"  I replied, "Claude will lose his memories in the near future due to black magic and a curse. His memories will disappear back to around the time you were born.." 

          I flinched when I said it out loud. Just a few minutes ago, Claude's head was laying just on my shoulder. I felt an uneasiness. I didn't want Claude to lose his memories. 

        "Nicolette-Unnie..." Athanasia muttered, "..." 

        "You've realized?" 

         "This isn't the best scenario for both of us's survival," Athanasia looked down, "Is there any way to prevent it ?" 

       Don't accept the bow. Don't accept the bow. Don't accept the bow. Can I say that? 

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. 

     "Unnie?" Athanasia called. Nothing would come out even if I tried to scream. What's going on? After I repeatedly tried to say, "Don't accept the bow!" something appeared infront of me. It looked like a game option ?! What the hell is this. 

"You are not permitted to say this" 

I stared at it like it was crazy. Why so much unnecessary drama?